Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

SCT Livewire TS with NGK AFX wide band

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NoSurprise 
#1 ·
99 Ford Lightning

I am trying to get my NGK AFX wide band to feed input to the SCT

I am uncertain if the formula (1.4*v) + 9 is what I should use.
How does one know if there is an offset to consider ? How can I check that ?

The formula above is also listed in the manual. However, when I contacted NGK the tech gave me 2 other formulas to try

(8.68*v) +10
and
(2+v)+10

Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated - it is a bit confusing

Don

#4 ·
Just wanted to say thanks - NGK FX wideband yellow to 9608 SCT cable red wire NGK AFX brown to SCT black and green
USE Analog 7 in the Live Link software - Use the (1.4*v)+9 formula The cable chart says use analog 2 - incorrect

SCT phone tech support was not helpful and even misleading

#5 ·
I know, an old post but this is the way the equation works.
You need to know what the NGK AFX wide band's min and max reading are. Then you can make the equation yourself.

Example 1, if minimum AXF gage A/F reads is "9". In the equation when the V(0 to 5volts)minimum=0. The constant in the equation is "9" and the SCT data will read A/F of 9.
Simply put, the constant is the minimum A/F the gage (9) will read because the V=0 at minimum.
Gage reads A/F 9:1. (0*1.4)+9=9 SCT reads 9

Example 2, if the maximum AXF reads is "16". In the equation when the V(0 to 5 volts) maximum=5. The multiplier in the equation is 1.4 and the SCT data will read A/F of 16.
The "multiplier" is then calculated from the maximum A/F the gage will read (16) because the V=5 at maximum. (16-9)/5=1.4 is the multiplier.
Gage reads A/F 16:1. (5*1.4)+9=16 SCT reads 16

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.