Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I have recently finished my first project, a 1965 F100 resto-mod with 2011 crown vic motor/running gear. I have the original Atomic EFI TBI and am having trouble dialing it in. It's been a trial and error process and I just want make it perform better. My current issue is that the truck hiccups from idle to WOT. If you ease into the throttle on acceleration (finding the sweet spot) in runs good. I noticed the Air/Fuel ratio would go severely lean (18-38) during the hiccup, but would correct itself and go back static (14.7). Also not getting that much torque/low end power response, I have a line-lock setup which I can't utilize yet since there seems to be some type of A/F ratio problem. All the hardware works properly, no leaks. No diagnostic problems, the truck runs fine other than previous issue stated. I took it to a local dyno to try and get tuned who altered the settings to which I'm using now. His adjustments did help previous issues but didn't solve everything. I'll attach a video/pictures of my setup below with IAC counts. Looking forward to solving this issue and thanks for any help!

Setup;
2011 Mod Motor 4.6l 2v (Single Over Head Cam)
Vortech Supercharger S1 trim
Mod 6 6011 box controlling the ignition timing (Current running tune and dyno tune attached) (Part# 121-6011)
Atomic EFI TBI (All the firmware is up-to-date!) (Part# 121-2900)
3-bar MAP sensor

Here is a link for the live gauges (IAC counts etc.) and hiccup problem

*I will also attach additional Manual PDF’s etc.

My current settings: These can be found in the Atomic EFI TBI attached manual for definitions

Cubic Inches: 351 (Motor is 281 cubic inches but it seems to run better on the fuel mapping)
# of cylinders: 8
Camshaft Type: Stock
Fuel Pump Type: PWM with Return Regulator (Regulator is set 50-55 PSI)
Air Pump Equipped: No
IDLE RPM Target: 800
Rev Limit: 6000
Timing Control: Disabled
A/F Targets:
Idle: 14.7
Cruise: 14.7
WOT: 12.3
Nitrous: OFF
Boost: 11.9
Timing Disabled
Pump Squirt: 5%
Power Valve Enrich: 1% (Was having multiple A/F ratio problems, but the dyno tech brought the Pump Squirt and PVE to here which it's ran the best)

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive air manifold Rim
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas
Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive tire Vehicle
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts