Important ModularFords annoucement

+ Reply to Thread

Default Important ModularFords annoucement

To the ModularFords community and staff,

I have an announcement to make! From today forward AutoGuide.com will be managing the day to day server, site and adverting operation of ModularFords.com. It's both a sad and exciting day for me. I'll cut to the chase and answer the most obvious question, why was this decision made?

I came on board 2 years ago to help Eric with the site as his work load no longer permitted him the time he wanted to give to the site. This summer Eric started working for HP Tuners full time in order to focus on his growing family and tuning career. He continues to this day to be a forum admin here.

Shortly afterwards I have found myself struggling to keep up with my work load as health issues arose within my family. I felt it was better to pass the torch to someone who can devote the resources to the site than to do a half-way job with the time I have available. I checked into AutoGuide, and I believe when it comes to managing the site, MF is in good hands.

What does this mean to the users? For the most part everything should continue to operate as it has been, only smoother. AG has the resources to make the site faster than it's been as well as improve the site "uptime". Moderators and admins will remain the same, and will continue to be the technical mentors, go-to guys when site help is needed, and the unsung heroes of the site. I will continue as a forum admin, moderator helper where I can, as well as assist users as my schedule allow. The only big change is many of the technical and business matters I used to handle personally will be handled by the team at AG. This will free up my time to be part of the crowd here, instead of a duck treading water trying to keep up!

A big thank you to the moderators for the time they've put in, especially over the summer as I became more scarce.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for Ken. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

-Philip

Mod fords slowest cobra. Array shawnssvtcobra's Avatar

Welcome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread