Storage Space/Pics/Editing Posts

+ Reply to Thread

Default Storage Space/Pics/Editing Posts

Good morning,

I figured I would just ask all these "noob" questions in one thread.

Is there a way to get more storage space allocated for posting pics on here? If there is a small fee or something I'm ok with that. Was on duty last night trying to put together a build thread and found out that I could only upload 10mb worth of data.

I was also curious about when I go on some threads that someone has posted pics on, all I see sometimes is a little box with an x in it. Does that mean the pic has been deleted or moved or is that something goofing up on my end.

The last question I have is about editing my posts. Like in my case I'm putting together a build thread and trying to make it chronologically correct. This is proving to be a little more difficult to do than I initially expected and I have need to change some times around as well as rearrange some of the pics I'm putting in my post. What is the criteria on editing? Do the posts just get locked immediately after making them or do I have flexibility. I know the latest 1 or 2 posts I make I have seen the edit button but on the majority of my post now there is no edit option.

Thank you for your time. I know these are trivial questions but, I'm trying to learn the system.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Give it another try with attaching images. I've changed the upload quotas so it should not be problem now.

If there's an X where the image is, odds are they linked an outside image which no longer exits.

Posts have a limited editing period, 2 hours. Some sections are longer but all are limited.

Thanks Ken! Is there another section I could put my thread in where the editing period is longer? I would like to streamline my thread and try to make it more informative. I was basically just trying to get the pics up last night. Still need to rearrange a lot of them. I've got a lot I need to straighten out on there. Or do you recommend I just delete that one and start fresh with another?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I no longer have direct access to the database to do a direct query to retrieve editing times for dozens of forums. Right now the only way I could give a definitive answer would be to go to the edit screen for every forum in the admin panel to check the time. Could you simply keep adding to the end of a thread, sort of like a chronological progression of the project with each follow up post?

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread