Page 4 of 8 First 12345678 Last

I know the other feeling well, Joe

Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

un1230/Whipple3.4/ Teksid Array mofasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swervedriver View Post
    Valve covers and front cover must be removed. Then you lock the cams and remove the passenger side timing chains. Swap tensioners and put it all back together.

When all that drama about the cloyes secondary chains came to surface on this forum I dropped my motor, trans, & K member and put the stock timing chains on over the course of a weekend. I set the degree wheel up and spun it around just to check & ensure the cams didn't go anywhere. They didn't...
    +1 Eric is exactly correct, I would run damper to tdc mark on compression stroke and lock cams down and make the swap. Then once back together recheck degreeing and adjust as needed, my guess is it will change slightly.

Couldn't have come at a better time, put me on the list for one please! Now....if I can figure out what secondary chains to put on my Cloyes adjustable gears that would great!

Bob

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I'll take one when you've got em ready, about to make some cam timing changes and adding this would be sweet!

Ok so this goes on the passenger side, that's the easy valve cover to get off, so the big question is Can this be changed out with out removing the timing chain cover and worse removing the timing chains?
    Its been so long since I did the cams I can't remember if this would be possible or not...\

BRO When can we buy this!!!?? LOL!!

Some previously said it would not be possible to do this without removing the timing cover. It has been some time for me also. But I can't imagine being able to do it.

This week I will be working on it. Hopefully it will be ready next week some time.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry5 View Post
    Ok so this goes on the passenger side, that's the easy valve cover to get off, so the big question is Can this be changed out with out removing the timing chain cover and worse removing the timing chains?
    Its been so long since I did the cams I can't remember if this would be possible or not...\

BRO When can we buy this!!!?? LOL!!
    The secondary chain is behind the primary chain meaning the primary sprocket has to come off. That big sprocket protrudes behind the front cover and from my experience there is not enough space behind the front cover to get the sprocket off the cam. Even if you could somehow get it off the cam you would have to jam something down the guide to keep the primary tensioner collapsed.

I say: Not possible

un1230/Whipple3.4/ Teksid Array mofasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swervedriver View Post
    The secondary chain is behind the primary chain meaning the primary sprocket has to come off. That big sprocket protrudes behind the front cover and from my experience there is not enough space behind the front cover to get the sprocket off the cam. Even if you could somehow get it off the cam you would have to jam something down the guide to keep the primary tensioner collapsed.

I say: Not possible
    It may be possible, but why would you not want to upgrade the rest of the timing components....?....... food for thought there, do it right and don't take shortcuts you'll be much more happy in the end.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by mofasta View Post
    It may be possible, but why would you not want to upgrade the rest of the timing components....?....... food for thought there, do it right and don't take shortcuts you'll be much more happy in the end.

AJ
    I have just a short block right now and i have a new ford racing timing chain kit that i plan to use. I just want to get James tensioner fix and run it with new ford racing chains.

I am sending out my heads for porting after the holiday rush. I should be ready for the tensioner some time in February. Help they are ready for sale by then.

finally had time to degree the cams in my engine. Took under an hour lol cloyes gears are awesome. tensioner is so far so good lol I will pry get it in the car and running within a couple weeks.

I wonder how many pre-orders james has. I know there is a lot of guys on svtp and yellowbullet that were hunting to get some and then plus the rush on modfords... Could this be the most popular cobra engineering product yet?
    Last edited by redstanger; 12-25-2013 at 01:32 PM.

next titanium connecting rods and beryllium pistons? jk lol
    Last edited by redstanger; 12-25-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Is there a list? I hope I am on the top of the list LOL!!!

i bet he is flooded with orders for them Im curious though of how many orders he actually has. It seems ppl were waiting for this for awhile. Accufab/mmr sure pissed it down there leg not making it affordable for there customers. James could even sell them to trickflow and/or cloyes i bet so they integrate them in there kits.

I never put in a order but have exchanged pm's with James about those and another one of his new products. I'm starting to think I should be on a list though.....

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 First 12345678 Last