Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 saleen cobra with a t-trim on it right now and am contemplating going to a F1A or a turbo set-up. Looking to keep it around 700 rwhp. Loving the power and step up ratio of the F1A but know a turbo is the most efficient just hate the idea of tubular front end. Any thoughts or guys running either set -up that can help me out? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
F1A or turbo(s) (size dependant), will definately get you well over the 700RWHP mark...

What do you hate about a tubular front end? Maximum Motorsports or Griggs Racing make a pretty beefy unit that holds up well on the street.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F1A vs Turbo

Worried about the ride, heard a lot of bad things about how people's car rode when changing over to tubular. Also safety if I get hit or hit something how will the front end hold up?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The front end will hold up just fine as long as you buy quality parts. In most situations the tubular pieces are stronger then the factory ones depending on what they are made out of.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
a 76 would probably be the smallest turbo you could get 700rwhp out of on pump gas...also tubular makes good stuff,I dont have MM or griggs tubular,but i do have UPR which has worked great.and about the ride,it hasnt changed anything,if anything its helped as the stock K-member is like 80 pounds heavier:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts