Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my front and rear calipers on my 98 cobra re power coated and after install ABS light has been on. Bleed brakes, etc and brakes are working perfect but still have ABS light. Anybody have any ideas how to fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
i took out abs in mine in the rear,and the light was on,i just had to get them pressed.not exactly sure what all you need to do:pABS is lame anyways,a skilled driver can outstop a driver that has abs and slams them on.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Had my front and rear calipers on my 98 cobra re power coated and after install ABS light has been on. Bleed brakes, etc and brakes are working perfect but still have ABS light. Anybody have any ideas how to fix? Thanks.
When you had the calipers off you probably had air enter the HCU, and it cant be bled that easily. It requires a special tool.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
what need to be done to bleed hcu?
thanks
Probably gonna have to take it to a dealer. The book says it requires a specially very expensive tool.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
im pretty sure they hook something up to the abs module that commands the valves to open and close to bleed the air out of it. Some shops can read the codes from the abs system. It could be a wiring problem, bad abs module / HCU, or bad wheel speed sensor or prob with the tone ring in the rear or rings on the wheel hubs/axles

·
Registered
45 Posts
Check the fuse first. my light was on for 2 years and I forgot that I removed the fuse for whatever reason. One day I looked and there was no fuse. I was so happy thats all it was.
Check it out before going crazy. You never know!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make a visual check for an accidentally broken wire under there. I had a broke wire under stretched insulation that took a while to find.

·
Registered
102 Posts
abs

Had same problem with mine a few years back and think that there is some sort of abs sensor on the back that was bad(don't remeber it being that expensive). This occured when I changed the calipers. I would call the dealer and ask about rear abs sensors. Sorry but it was a long time ago. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts