Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made my first track visit today made 4 passes my best one was a [email protected] 2.27 sixty. I was able to achieve the mph I was looking for but I wanted to get in the 12s. It's a heavy car 3/4 tank of gas and I'm not a small guy. One big thing I learned is hard shifts on stock tires=almost crossing the yellow line. I'm gonna invest in some lower control arms wheel hop is terrible. The guy who is going to tune my car was there and offered to let me make a pass with his tune, but I'll wait it was hard enough to get traction stock.

· Registered
158 Posts
...once you do the LCA, then go for better tires and your 60's will get a lot better!

· Registered
391 Posts
Just get a set of bias ply tires on there and you will be running low 12's all day. I dont have lca's or any aftermarket chassis/suspension and bias ply tires on motor alone netted me 1.67 60' times on my stock GT with the stock 3.31 gears on a crappy prepped track.

· Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just get a set of bias ply tires on there and you will be running low 12's all day. I dont have lca's or any aftermarket chassis/suspension and bias ply tires on motor alone netted me 1.67 60' times on my stock GT with the stock 3.31 gears on a crappy prepped track.
I believe that also as I was having to shift it softly just so I could get down the track so I know it was costing me some mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.