Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i've been lookin to lower my 99 GT 2-3 inches. Cant really find anything over 1.5in.

Any suggestions? I do not want to cut springs because i want it to handle good

THANKS!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
taking out the spring isolaters will yield 1/4 to 1/2inch,also it will depend on your LCAs.my buddy had the same springs as me,but different LCAs,his sat about 3/4 lower

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you want to drop really low, I'd maybe look at drop spindles for the front. That way you can keep your control arms closer to flat instead of pointed at the sky! But stacking a 2" drop spindle with a 1.5" drop spring would be so slammed your tires would probably rub on the top of the freakin inner fenders!

It seems like with the full 2" drop most guys dont' have much wheelwell gap left and normally you don't need to go much lower.

I'd say a combination of drop spindles and coilovers all around but its easy to spend another guy's money!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Look into airbag suspensions. Pricey, but you can slam the car and carve corners.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Look into airbag suspensions. Pricey, but you can slam the car and carve corners.
I had an airride-technologies kit on my old car and it handled like crap, it rode good but had body roll like hell when you pushed it in the turns. I took all that crap off and went back to a spring set up!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts