Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any issues so far with this setup? I'm going to send my chip in for a reburn on monday, and have it come back with a 6# lower setup. I think I may ditch the 4.10's as well, and do the stock 3.55's. Anything to look out for? The car isn't driven much(on the street) but I'm concerned a little about the heat this things i going to make....it sees some track time that's for sure, I gotta learn to get it out of the hole!

G

·
I have had no problems at all with the 2.80 upper and 6 lb lower. In fact the car actually drives better than new. I dont have an alternator pulley yet...but I should get one....I dont drive my car too much either, so I guess thats why I havnt done that. But I will soon. My interchangeable lower pulley cage setup was made out of a stock pulley cage and customized by Jim D'Amore.

I am very happy with the setup and man..with the Diablosport tune I have from Nitrous Pete and the Compucar Nitrous System....this car is one scary ride! Remember, when you do get to this stage of boost and all..something like a BilletFlow Throttlebody and Bassani Headers or Kooks really help alot. Idler Pulley belt wrap mods need to be done too. Unless that new non slip blower pulley really works alone...not sure on that.

Enjoy,
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and a Dry Shot of Nitrous)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i think i may go with the METCO setup, is that a good lower pulley setup? What's the difference between a cage and not having one? I think i read somehwere you could get it either/or... I may do headers, but at this point I don't know if i wanna get a KB on the car so the size of headers are important, maybe a turbo setup, so headers aren't needed, but in all reality, i think i should just stop because it's kind of a beast on the street, obliterating the tires at will! If you don't mind me asking, what did the pulley cage (or everything that is needed) set you back? Am I correct in thinking that a lower pulley system is a ll that is needed (minus a re-tune) to put a 6# lower on? Also, I've been told that an alternator pulley change is not needed, what's your take on this? Thanks! Charles

G

·
The Metco lower pulley setup is a real good one.....so its easier and faster to just get that setup. You will of course have to get another belt too.

I know its hard to decide what to do when you have Kennebell on the brain while doing this.....been there too. But atleast you can use everything you have in mods if you do choose to go with the KB later. The lower pulley system can still be used with that. Headers are just something that helps abit across the rpm range. But you know KB did some awesome numbers without headers too...so thats just preference.

My initial cost of a used lower stock pulley cage with interchangeable hub and a 2 lb pulley was 250. Then I took that cage to JDM for some cutting and welding to move the idler pulley over to make room for a 4 lb or 6 lb lower pulley. The other Pulleys were something like 160 for the 4 lb and 170 for the 6 lb.(I bought those from JDM and Downs Ford) The work Jim D'Amore did on the cage was a deal between me and him(he did an incredible job!). So the cost didnt come in to play with that. I have all the pullies...so 250 plus 160 plus 170 plus a 30 dollar belt is 610.00 dollars. (wow...dont make me do that again..I hate seeing what I spend on this car...uuugh) (I dont even want to think about all the other stuff).

The Metco system is a bolt on and its all you need to get that 6 lb lower on. Nitrous Pete sells them and so does JDM....I even think Amazon Racing does too....whoever you feel confident in buying from....usually your tuner/shop you are using now.

again...you will love the extra power!

Get the Compucar Nitrous in a Bag dryshot system(Nitrous Pete gets a great deal on them) to cool the air charge. It really helps these cars when running the extra boost. Just a small shot of juice wakes things up alot.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Charlez03 said:
well, i think i may go with the METCO setup, is that a good lower pulley setup? What's the difference between a cage and not having one? I think i read somehwere you could get it either/or... I may do headers, but at this point I don't know if i wanna get a KB on the car so the size of headers are important, maybe a turbo setup, so headers aren't needed, but in all reality, i think i should just stop because it's kind of a beast on the street, obliterating the tires at will! If you don't mind me asking, what did the pulley cage (or everything that is needed) set you back? Am I correct in thinking that a lower pulley system is a ll that is needed (minus a re-tune) to put a 6# lower on? Also, I've been told that an alternator pulley change is not needed, what's your take on this? Thanks! Charles

·
Registered
521 Posts
Harry,
How difficult an install is the Nitrious in a Bag setup? Whats Pete's current price on that? Thanks Brother......BO

G

·
03snake said:
Harry,
How difficult an install is the Nitrious in a Bag setup? Whats Pete's current price on that? Thanks Brother......BO
Very simple....take you maybe 4 hours tops, taking your time. Just give Pete a call or an email...

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG (20 lbs of boost and a dryshot of Nitrous)
1,260 miles

·
Registered
521 Posts
Will do Harry, Thanks.....BO

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think its around $400 as pictured in the lastest 5.0 mag. Anyone heard about this special for the 03 cobra Edlebrock nitrous system?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts