Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.80 pulley and im only getting around 12-13 psi levels off to around 11-12 by redline. Is that the normal boost pressure for that pulley? If not, where should i look. I have the autometer mech boost gauge and have inspected it and the line for it several times and i havent found anything wrong such as a kink or hole in it etc........ any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jamie

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and congrats on the new mods. Should be some real nice numbers you put down. i am running 74 gatorback belt. if that helps.

·
Registered
521 Posts
03Venom, I also have the 2.80 and 74" belt and can't get above
12 1/2 to 13lbs due to the amount of slippage. I'm gonna order an
idler pulley setup from somewhere. Haven't decided yet, but more than likely from Amazon racing or SFPHQ. I know a guy with a 2.80 pulley and 100mm Idlers from SFPHQ seeing 15lbs on his after market boost gauge. Also some have used a 73.5" belt, but I dont think that solved all the slippage issues. Ours setups are almost identical with exception of Idlers you have and 3" exhaust I have.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have a 2.93 and im getting 14.5 pounds so im thinking that your a little low.....you could try vht on the belt and see if it picks up more boost ....if it does you know its belt slippage. ..... also i know it depends on where your located. if your in humid weather,high altitude ,etc

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get that new setup from BilletFlow.....so wait on the 100mm idlers...really...trust me.
Where can i get them and how much do they cost. Also what belt should i use w/ them?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am with you on this one. Just got back from the dyno yesterday, I was 20hp and 30# tq off, I have a 4# lower and 3.10 upper. I saw the set up on the new products area on this site. It's 199.99, there are 4 dealers to buy it from Rick is one of them, but it's not available for 2 wks from 1/27/03. See www.billetflow.com for details.

G

·
I think if you go in the Vendor area here...there is some prices up....it was to be ready in two weeks....so it might be only a week now. You will be able to use the 74 inch belt you have now.
You will get one pulley with the setup and you can either use your stock other idler or use one of the 100mm idlers also.

Thats for the 2.80 upper setup.

Nitrous Pete at PJ's Performance sells them www.Nitrous.com

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
I am sure Metco's will be real nice too....just alittle more involved than the Billetflow setup I think. Its great that these companys are on the cutting edge. And it gives people a choice.....everyones wallet is not as deep as others. Imagine what will be out in a year from now for our 03 Cobras.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts