Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off the chart rich from ~4800 on up would I be ok with going to a 2.80 upper, then in a month or so getting a diablo?

-- Jaret

·
Registered
64 Posts
re:

I had the same problems and then I got the diablo at now at 5400 it goes to 8.9 on the a/f meter with a wide band meter.

goodluck. I just scrped the hole thing and got a new blower from pete ask hin if he can help ya he is THE MAN!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That really didn't answer my question :) Thanks though. Still curious if I can get away with it...

-- Jaret

·
Registered
64 Posts
re:

well my personal opition is too get the chip and pulley at the same time and have it dynoed so you can get a proper a/f reading. or put on the pulley and go straight to the dyno and get the ship burned right after that. I don't like to drive a 34,000.00 dollar car when not running right

·
Registered
309 Posts
JClifton said:
I'm off the chart rich from ~4800 on up would I be ok with going to a 2.80 upper, then in a month or so getting a diablo?

-- Jaret
Every Cobra in stock form is way off the charts on A/F. That was part of the stock program. Anytime you run a smaller pulley, I would always recommend using a chip. Some people say you don't need one on a pulley the size of a 3.1 or larger, however you will always benefit with a chip tune to find added HP and straighten out the A/F. If you are going with a 2.80 pulley, I would recommend getting one from Amazon. He has burned enough with a 2.80 pulley, that he was right on with mine on the first burn. Not to mention he has great customer service, and that is always tough to come by these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts