Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this combo along with a Diablo chip, and Denso plugs and I am starting to trip, wondering if it is too much for the hEaton. I drive my car around town frequently. My only other mods are JLP dual ram air, uprX, mac 3" cat back.

Anyone have this combo? If so, I need some reasurance. Thanks

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I've got that exact setup right now. No overheating, no problems. Like Chill said, with the right tune you'll be fine, just don't expect to have a usefull 1st gear!!lol

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
What kind of boost are you seeing with this setup before it falls off at the typical drop off point???

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Keep in mind, I'm at 6000 ft, I see 15 or so and it drops to 12. Don't know for sure how much I'm losing because od altitude. Probably 3 or 4 lbs. Just can't seem to prevent that boost drop off. If it's not too late, I would NOT SUGGEST a lower pulley. Didn't do me any good! Maybe with a race tune and high octane fuel you could squeeze a little more outta it, but I only picked up a tenth or so. Not much "go" for a 500 dollar plus install part.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. JLP is doing the tune, so that shouldn't be a problem. I thought that adding a lower pulley was supposed to help the belt slip? Anyway, I hope that this combo works, cause like sam said, it's expensive.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I noticed a hell of a lot more belt slip when I added my 6LB lower to my 2.93 upper. I was barely getting any but now I get a lot. Time for a RR non-slip and an aux idler. I have the lower metco idlers. Goodluck with the new setup. -Mat-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts