Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the 2.93 pulley today after work. The pulley really has kicked my car in the arsce, but my tune looks to be really rich. When I nail down on it, I get a cloud of black smoke from the rear. The car pulls strong and hits hard, but I definately think it will need to be leaned out some. I also noticed, after installing the pulley, that the blower is alot more audible at part trottle and cruising. Is this normal? Before you could hardly tell I even had a blower but now it is kinda obvious. It is not LOUD, like something is wrong, but you can hear a slight wine at low rpms. I will be srapping it down to the dyno on our dyno day next month to see what kind of power it has and to see where the air fuel is.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
2003 Oxford white Cobra coupe stock :lol :lol

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
COOL chad!! Yes the blower whine is louder and more noticable. Its a nice sound isn't it. LOL. Did you get eric's pulley on too??

gary

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good for you, I am sure you are gonna love it!!
I'm running a 3.1 now , but want to go with the 2.93 next summer. So please give me some feedback on your setup. Are you using your stock belt, what about beltslip or is that problem only with the 2.8? I would like to see the TQ curve once you have your A/F set propperly.
The thing is , I'm very happy with my car and don't want to run into problems.

Thanks
Riaan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts