Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home, and low and behold... 2 Giant boxes on my porch!
Yippy, new exhaust, Guess what this weekends project is? :D If all goes well I'll Dyno next week, and post some #'s.

Jayson

G

·
Wish I lived closer to help you out. It took me about 2 hours to get the system on. Sweet and Easy! Pay no attention to the blue smoke that will be exiting your tailpipe for a few miles. Just oil burning off the pipes.

Also...watchout for the horses tail that seems to come out of the tailpipe after the first few blasts on the go pedal...its the insulation wrap around the baffles in those huge 4 inch tailpipe tips.

I can see some of those import boys seeing that and then going home and buying tassles to put on their tailpipes....reminds me of my old Schwinn Stingray Krate bicycle's handlebars...thats another story.....cards in the spokes sure did make that bike sound alot like my Bassani Exhaust :D :cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I can see some of those import boys seeing that and then going home and buying tassles to put on their tailpipes....reminds me of my old Schwinn Stingray Krate bicycle's handlebars...thats another story.....cards in the spokes sure did make that bike sound alot like my Bassani Exhaust :D :cool: [/B]

You mean the import guys don't have much sence up in NJ either... LOL I thought it was only a deep south thing:D

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Wish I lived closer to help you out. It took me about 2 hours to get the system on. Sweet and Easy! Pay no attention to the blue smoke that will be exiting your tailpipe for a few miles. Just oil burning off the pipes.

Also...watchout for the horses tail that seems to come out of the tailpipe after the first few blasts on the go pedal...its the insulation wrap around the baffles in those huge 4 inch tailpipe tips.

I can see some of those import boys seeing that and then going home and buying tassles to put on their tailpipes....reminds me of my old Schwinn Stingray Krate bicycle's handlebars...thats another story.....cards in the spokes sure did make that bike sound alot like my Bassani Exhaust :D :cool:
HEY!!!!!!!!!!! I had an Orange Krate!!!!!! that was the best b-day present I ever had!!!!! hehehehehe yer old like me huh??? LOL

gary

G

·
Old is all in the mind.....yep...I'm old :D

I have collected those Krates too..from the 1968 to the last of the crotch breaker 5 speeds in 1973. They made such and impact on my childhood that a few years back I was up to 22 nice original and restored Krates.....I sold all of them except 2. One isnt a Krate...its a 1974 Ross Apollo 5 speed in orange and my other is a 1973 Apple Krate with rear disc brake and all.

hmmmmm...Cobra topic.....hmmmm.....I did have one of those Vrrroooom Vrrooooommm electric sounds motor on my bikes back in the early 70's that sounded almost as cool as our 03's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
j69gordon said:
I just got home, and low and behold... 2 Giant boxes on my porch!
Yippy, new exhaust, Guess what this weekends project is? :D If all goes well I'll Dyno next week, and post some #'s.

Jayson
Jayson,
Let me know your plans and maybe we can meet up for that dyno. Are you going to Thunder?

Chris

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: 2 Packages @ my Door :)

byevette said:
Jayson,
Let me know your plans and maybe we can meet up for that dyno. Are you going to Thunder?

Chris
Chris, yes it will be Thunder.... even though they are Chevy fans. Unfortunatly they are the closest dyno to me, you too i believe. I have to wait and see when they are painting my car before I can set up a time/date. I'll let you know though. Hope you can make it at the same time.

Jayson

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I want to meet up. I know a few of the guys would come along as well. You can see my numbers when I dynoed stock, but I am really curious with my new mods. I had my car dynoed there.

You know on the drive to Alex., Bobby and I had some fun and he beat me on the second run. He has is a K&N and the 2.89 pulley. Makes me want to do some more mods.

The dyno, could be the next meet. We could take over Thunder.

What paint job are you having done? Are you installing the Bassani yourself?

Chris

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm making the dealership repaint the spoiler, ground effects, and rear trunk lid, as the paint on them sucks, and they apparently already painted the trunk once.... it's a shade off. they also are having to replace my tail lights, 3rd brake light and right fog light... all full of moisture. The Bassani X, and cat back are in my living room... I'll put them on this Sat. Before I head out to No Problem Raceway.

A meet @ the dyno would be great. I only wish I had the will power to wait and baseline dyno before the install, but with it in my living room I just can't wait :D

Jayson

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
byevette said:
Last question...

What is going on at NPR, Friday or Saturday?
Motorcycle racing... all weekend:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts