Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just pulled the 225,000 mile engine out of my 90 coupe and purchased a 2001 cobra drivetrain computer and all the wiring harness to swap into the 90 model. I really need some help with the electronics of it all. I hope someone knows more about it than I do. All help and input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have diagrams and experience to help when you get stuck. Just contact me when you reach the point of need...........

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi im new to this website but saw that you had a diagram or knew how to wire up a modular motor in a foxbody? think you could help me out?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It will make the swap much easier if you get the entire wire harness for the front of the car including the dash harness. We did a 96 GT to 01 Cobra motor swap and the 01 harness made it an easy swap.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You need a helper to remove the dash to replace the harness; get a book or Ford Service dvd from eBay to show you how things go together.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would also like some help. what i have is a 03/04 cobra body harness all the harness from an 03/04 cobra except the engine harness is an 01 cobra. I am putting an 01 cobra motor into my 93 gt and not sure how to go forward. do i need a 01 computer or 03/04 computer and will the 01 engine harness plug in and work without rewirng anything. thanks

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You need the 01 computer. As for the connectors plugging in w/o and reqiring...you have both ends, take a look. If you got the Ford service DVD it would show you the functions and wires of both years with each connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts