Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a 2001 cobra and was wondering what kind of times that usually run. I've tried to research but have seen anywhere from 13.2-14.00. Anyways the one I'm looking at has 110k miles, ORX, flowmaster cat back (I think 40's but I'm not sure), centerforce clutch and et streets. What could I expect to run with that set up. Again I know its not exact but what would be an idea of where it should be? Also what else can I do as far as bolt-ons? I'm getting and intake and 4.10s next but what about after that? I've heard some horror stories about pullies, but what do you guys think of those? So maybe a throttle body? Or porting the intake? Also from what I've heard for $700 for headers and PIA to intstall them isn't worth it so any ideas? And lastly how much does it normally cost to buy gears and get them installed?

·
Registered
677 Posts
i personally dont think the UD pullies are worth the money and the install time.

the gears are the best bang for your buck.

with those et streets and those mods, depending on how tired your 110k motor is. you should be able to pull in some high 12's depending on your driving skills.

i personally ran my stock cobra to a 14.0 at 100mph. and heavy bolt on to a 13.19 at 106.
p1 at 8psi went 12.71 at 112
D1 at 19 psi went 11.29 @ 128

·
Registered
28 Posts
With a tune, stock gears, short shifter, cold air, x-pipe and centerforce, I ran a 13.1 @ 107 on crappy street tires and a 2.1 60 ft..

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a full bolt on 01 and have gone a best of 12.11 @ 115.

Gears are the best bang for the buck. What you can do to save yourself some cash is decide on a goal and shoot for it....I say that, but it hasnt worked for me yet...lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
With three tries I ran 12.81 w/o nitrous. on a 1/8 mile i ran 7.42 with nitrous. without a new tune for my lt headers ant 65 mm tb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
also i have tried the t-body and know a bunch of others who have tried it and lost power not a good mod for these cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts