Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post here!

I've got an '02 Expedition EB that we picked up a few weeks ago. It needed a T-stat. That was replaced at the work of a good friend of mine. System was filled via a vacuum setup that is supposed to prevent air in the system.

When I shut the truck off, I can hear gurgling in the heater core, so I know it has some air in it.

Is there a specific method to burping this style of cooling system? As I would like it to be air-free.....

Thanks!

-Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
You won't be able to get the air out of the heater core. Its a common Ford problem that is caused by corrosion in the heater core and the reason you hear it when the truck is off is because the flow stops and the water trickles through the corroded passages that it buy passed when running. You can try a heater core flush.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You won't be able to get the air out of the heater core. Its a common Ford problem that is caused by corrosion in the heater core and the reason you hear it when the truck is off is because the flow stops and the water trickles through the corroded passages that it buy passed when running. You can try a heater core flush.
Thanks for the reply! It actually seems to have potentially resolved itself. I've put about 2,000Km on it since the heater core flush with a lot of high-RPM passing, and it doesn't seem to be doing it anymore?

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
the system he used usually doesnt cause air pockets... but it can. usually some hiway driving with the temp. knob all the way hot works the air out. just make sure to check the level after it sits overnite and cools down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
These systems are self bleeding at above 1000 RPM.

Heater on high heat, and blower on high. You should run it at 1000 + until you have a STEADY stream of HOT air.

That is why it worked itself out, you drove over 1000 RPM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts