Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing a line lock on the REAR brake line on my 2002 GT. Does anyone know what thread is on the end of the factory tubing that runs from the proportioning valve to the ABS module? It's larger than the front lines.

Technically I have an ABS Delete block and I THINK the line from this port feeds both rear brakes. It's this line that I need to know what the thread is so I can get an adapter to connect to the 1/8 NPT port on the line lock.
Gas Circle Audio equipment Aluminium Metal

thnx
ks

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,524 Posts
Best bet, Kevin, would be take the block to your local parts shop and check hydraulic fittings. That way you have certainty you know what is required.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best bet, Kevin, would be take the block to your local parts shop and check hydraulic fittings. That way you have certainty you know what is required.
I was trying to avoid having the car down that long b/c I think this fitting is metric and the local parts stores around here don't have an abundance of fittings to choose from even in standard threads. I may see if I can buy a used line but if worse comes I can pull it all apart....still thinking tho.

ks

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got an answer from Jack Hidley:

All of the fittings in the ABS unit are either M10 or M12 x 1.0 ISO bubble flare.

If you are talking about the larger line, then this end has an M12 nut on it.
He doesn't know of an adapter that steps that line down to 1/8NPT so I may have to fire up the lathe and get creative converting standard fittings to fit the metric tubing diameter.

ks

·
Registered
561 Posts
You could try checking it with a thread pitch gauge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts