Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
If the car was heavily modded(PULLEY,Chip) i could believe it.
300 miles and no mods...I don't believe it.

jim v.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gotta get all the facts straight before we really know, and can judge. Until then, speculation is pointless.

But it is very possible to void that cars warranty.

Some 16 year old kid gets it for his birthday. He takes it out racing his buddy. He's in 5th, wants to drop it to 3rd, screws it up since he's never had a car like this, and drops it into 1st doing 90+.

That would void your warranty, don't ya think?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Somethings not right with this story. I'm a Parts Mgr at a Dealer and I just looked up a 03 Cobra motor. They don't give a list price, they only give a dealer cost. It's up to the dealer to determind a list. I would gladly sell it for $7,000.00 and that's brand new. I smell BS.:shocked

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
If you'll sell an 03 motor for 7,000...I have some buyers for you

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can the dealer really tell what you've been doing? Is there a way they can tell if you've been drag racing and whatnot?

·
Registered
94 Posts
highmiles said:
I have no faith in a factory warranty.
Why would you say this? If a car is unmodified, I've never heard of a warranty denial during the 3/36 period.

Care to expound?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have heard Ford is Super critical about warranty calms and the motor. They are aware that a number of owners have modified their rides and are cracking down on all claims. In fact they are taking a "no tolerance" stance.

I got some of this from reading about people's past experiences on the boards and some from my own experiences. I have a modded car, and my dealer does not want to know me.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Same Old Song

Every time I read one of these 'voided warranty' threads, they start with some specific 'alleged' incident and then turn into a CIA conspiracy, where Ford is out to get us.

It is my experience that the level of service and 'leaniency' with warranty work largely depends upon the dealership with which one works.

Wanna REALLY find out about warranty work and what will void it? Call your local dealership and have a candid conversation with the service manager. If you don't like his attitude or what he is saying to you, shop for another dealership. When you find one that you like, reinforce your business with them. Buy extended warranties from them, etc.

Of course there are extreme examples where a dealership will submit for service and Ford or SVT will require further investigation. But I think that things get blown way out of porportion here on the Internet.

A brand new, unmodded car with 350 miles, a blown engine and a voided warranty? Did it have nitrous? Mods? The claim is UNMODDED. If those are the claims them I am raising the BS flag. This is probably just someone who wants to make 03 Cobra owners nervous. Does ANYONE REALLY BUY that story?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hammer what's the old saying "Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see:D"

Unfortunatly when you "shop" dealerships to see which one is right for you, two things occur.

1) If it is a dealer where you did not buy the car, they are less loyal to you, for obvious reasons. So as long as you don't mind waiting until a week from next Thursday for service, I guess that's ok. Or atlease that is what I was told when called for an appointment. The first question was "Did you buy the car here"?
2) Not all Ford dealers are SVT certified, the next SVT dealer for some may be too far...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hammer,
You hit the nail on the head. Too many people on the internet complain and jump to conclusions about voided warranties. If you don't want any warranty issues, don't mod your car, and perform all of the recommended maintenance at the proper intervals.

If something does break that should be covered under warranty, the service advisor probably won't give you the third degree, if your car is stock. If it is modded, he will probably begin questioning things.

Keep in mind, even something as simple as K&N air filter and cause problems. Lets say you install a K&N, and oil the hell out of it. You drive it for a while and the check engine light comes on. You take it to the dealer and he says the tech found that because of the excessive oil, your MAF sensor wasn't reading right, causing the light to come on. Do you really think Ford should be responsible for the repairs. NO...

Now we can sit here and talk about "what if's" all day long, and I am not trying to go there. I am just tired of people jumping to conclusions about why a dealer and Ford has denied someone warranty. If the warranty was denied on a vehicle with 350 miles on it, there was probably a good explanation.

Sorry for the long note, just had to vent because these warranty voided posts are killing me.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
BlownCobra said:
Hammer what's the old saying "Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see:D"

Unfortunatly when you "shop" dealerships to see which one is right for you, two things occur.

1) If it is a dealer where you did not buy the car, they are less loyal to you, for obvious reasons. So as long as you don't mind waiting until a week from next Thursday for service, I guess that's ok. Or atlease that is what I was told when called for an appointment. The first question was "Did you buy the car here"?
2) Not all Ford dealers are SVT certified, the next SVT dealer for some may be too far...
Good points, man. We can kind of get out of the 03 "where did you buy" thing because they are so hard to find and so expensive. But you gotta give them some business to win them over.

And if you are starring down a BIG warranty expense, it's worth a drive for a better service department. I am lucky, here in NJ we have MANY within 50 miles radius.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts