Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a 2001 CObra that has changed over to a 2003 cobra setup, such as the eaton blower, 03 cobra tank and pumps, upgraded fuel line ... and all the other necessarry items to get this going... he recently blew up his motor:no: but the car made 520 rwhp Sae with a ported blower and a 4 pound lower stock upper...
He just recieved his 302 stoker motor and has a set up 03 cobra heads with cams...
Here's the question would it be better to use the 2003 cobra cams or should he switch his 2001 cobra cams over to the 03 castings.... People have suggested he switch his
2001 cobra cams over to the 2003 cobra head cause the intake cams are more aggresive... any suggestion would really help thanks guys..:beerchug:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mean use the 03 intakes? It is better ,performance-wise, to have more duration if you are going to be running higher boost levels.
well i have heard to switch the intake cams over from the 01 and just keep the same exhaust cams... :stars: not saying you're wrong but wouldnt the 01 intake cams be more aggressive???

·
Registered
83 Posts
You mean use the 03 intakes?
No, I mean use the 2001 intake cams in the 2003 head castings. The 2001 intake cams work better n/a or with boost.

I run the 01 intake cams in my n/a car with 2005 heads with good results.

vrt03cobra said:
Here's the question would it be better to use the 2003 cobra cams or should he switch his 2001 cobra cams over to the 03 castings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.