Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this swap? Is it necessary to run the 2003 Cobra EEC? Also, what other parts are needed for the swap? The engine is complete with all accessories, wiring harness, blower, etc. I know I'll need the radiator for the intercooler and the accociated pump, a hood, and ??????

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Unless you plan to get an Autologic Chip and dyno tune, you will need the Cobra PCM(enine computer). Other than that the swap should be fairly straight forward.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah, you can pick up the Cobra PCM and core your current one. You definately have the "easy" swap if their is such a thing. Since I'm making the same swap into a fox body, I would recommend getting the cobra fuel tank & pump assy. I know the tank assy is a bolt in for 99+, so check around, you may be able to just swap fuel pump assy. If you need specific part numbers drop me a line [email protected] , I have all the parts necessary for the swap so it will be no problem. Good Luck
:king

·
Registered
295 Posts
One more thing..... I would upgrade to the 03 cobra radiator & A/C condensor why you are at it (the ones designed for the 4v engine). I have heard they will run hotter w/o it, again, easy to obtain, although alittle pricey. You will also need the correct MAF. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts