Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

2003 Cobra & Mach 1 Shootout to Be Held at 2003 NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green, Kentucky

Fountain Valley, Calif. --

For the second year, Amazon Racing has stepped up to sponsor the most exciting SVT Shootout on the face of the planet, the Amazon Racing SVT Cobra Shootout at the 2003 Nitto Tire NMRA World Finals held in Bowling Green, Kentucky at Beech Bend Raceway Park over September 26-28, 2003.

In addition, for the first time ever, special awards will also be presented for the all-new Mach 1 class being run at the Amazon Racing SVT Cobra Shootout!

Again, the NMRA wants to provide owners and fans of this newest
Mustang with a chance to see them up close and in action. As such,
this will be the second ever event specifically catered to this
amazing performance car. On September 26-28, 2003 at our Bowling Green, KY Nitto Tire NMRA World Finals, owners of the 2003 and 2004 Cobras and Mach 1s will be able to compete in a special event.

To enter the SVT Cobra or Mach 1 Shootout, you must purchase a tech card for the Vortech Modular Muscle class. On Saturday, you will run the Amazon SVT Shootout exclusively - then on Sunday you will be allowed to run in the Modular class. Trophies and classes will be broken down as follows. Trophies will be awarded to the five quickest in each of the following classes:
* Stock-tired 2003/04 Cobras
* Drag-Radial 2003/04 Cobras
* Racing-Slick 2003/04 Cobras
* Stock-tired 2003/04 Mach 1
* Drag Radial or Racing-Slick Mach 1

We have already received incredible interest in this event from the
top 2003/04 Cobra and Mach 1 tuners and racers in the country. Who will be crowned "King of the Cobra" for 2004? Find out in Bowling Green, KY!

As a special note, if you do not wish to race your new Cobra but would still like to participate in this event, please make plans to attend the NMRA World Finals, anyway. You can enter your '03/'04 Cobra or Mach 1 in the car show, watch the racing action, and maybe win a trophy! See you in Kentucky!

Amazon Racing is a major distributor for 2003/2004 SVT Upgrades, and is also a dealer for performance products for other Ford performance cars and trucks. Amazon is also a Ford and Cobra tuner, and has realized considerable power increases to the already amazing 390 horsepower stock rating of the new SVT Cobra. They will have products, display cars, expert advice, and service available at the Bowling Green event to help Cobra, Mustang and Ford Truck owners get the most out of their vehicles.

Amazon Racing 2003/04 SVT Cobra & Mach 1 Shootout
Nitto Tire NMRA World Finals
September 26-28, 2003
Beech Bend Raceway
Bowling Green, Kentucky

Click here for the official press release
http://www.mailermailer.com/rd?http://www.nmraracing.com/news/071603/default.htm

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Sounds good..sorry i can't make it...:(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a long chat with Richard Lelsz last night. He's excited to bring Ken Biscamp's "Fastest 03 Cobra in America" to Bowling Green for this shootout. I wonder if they will hold the title after the race?

Jamie

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dr. Jamie Meyer said:
He's excited to bring Ken Biscamp's "Fastest 03 Cobra in America" to Bowling Green for this shootout.
Another GT with a Cobra motor? :shocked

·
Registered
105 Posts
WILRUN said:
Hmmmmm......now let's see....If the DOCTOR calls it an 03 Cobra.....What do YOU think???.....
LOL....there we go. Does your car have an automatic tranny & a live axle? Just curious....

·
Registered
25 Posts
StangD281 said:
LOL....there we go. Does your car have an automatic tranny & a live axle? Just curious....
Oh well....Show up at Bowling Green and you will see.....:hammer ::hammer

·
Registered
105 Posts
LOL....The only thing '03 Cobra about your car is the frame.

It's not real hard to launch an automatic with a live axle while 95% of the rest of the field is launching on IRS with a manual tranny. I have a whopping 4-5psi extra on the HEATON, exhaust, chip, filter, BFG's and run 11.2's.

See you in Bowling Green....I'm sure you'll run great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
StangD281 said:
LOL....The only thing '03 Cobra about your car is the frame.

It's not real hard to launch an automatic with a live axle while 95% of the rest of the field is launching on IRS with a manual tranny. I have a whopping 4-5psi extra on the HEATON, exhaust, chip, filter, BFG's and run 11.2's.

See you in Bowling Green....I'm sure you'll run great.
When you are running the clash of the titans against big block chevy's with NOS you cant have a weak IRS....or a weak input shaft...sometimes we run for $$$mucho dinero.....
LOL.........If we wanted to run 11.2's we would have stuck with your setup!!
:eek:

·
Registered
105 Posts
WILRUN said:
When you are running the clash of the titans against big block chevy's with NOS you cant have a weak IRS....or a weak input shaft...sometimes we run for $$$mucho dinero.....
LOL.........If we wanted to run 11.2's we would have stuck with your setup!!
:eek:
Can't drive a stick, eh? I'll give lessons at BG for cheap.

And if I wanted to drive a GT with a Cobra motor & juice, I'd have your setup. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
StangD281 said:
Can't drive a stick, eh? I'll give lessons at BG for cheap.

And if I wanted to drive a GT with a Cobra motor & juice, I'd have your setup. :rolleyes:
The only thing GT about the car is Great Time Slips......

It was a Cobra at the dealership and still is...
Drive a stick just fine....I'll show you with my other 03 Cobra...
Good night...:cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Folks,

I'm not going to get in the middle of this pissing contest, but I wish that some of the faster 03 owners would realize that the IRS is a safety concern at the levels of performance that Richard and Ken are at. Hats off to N2O Pete for going as fast as he did with the IRS, but I'm sure he'd admit that it bothered him worrying about what would happen if a half shaft got tossed at 100 ft out. His automatic trans certainly helped with the - relatively - softer launches.

Personally, I have no problem enjoying the performance of all 03 Cobras, no matter what the combination. It's a great time to be into Mustangs!

Jamie

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Dr. Jamie Meyer said:
Folks,

I'm not going to get in the middle of this pissing contest, but I wish that some of the faster 03 owners would realize that the IRS is a safety concern at the levels of performance that Richard and Ken are at.

It's a great time to be into Mustangs!

Jamie
Well said, Jamie. Thanks very much and it's so good to see you lurking around here again!

Guys, PLEASE keep it friendly! We're all on the same team here and let's not ruin a good discussion.

·
400 Posts
The shootout is going to be a great time. We'll get to see some good racing and get to meet up with alot of 03 enthusiest. We will have a nice pit area by our trailer. We will also have some ESPN coverage too. Looking forward to seeing all you guys again.

Rick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts