Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I would come on here and share whats been happening with my Cobra for the last couple months... I had the heads replaced under warranty and then noticed I had Piston slap that eventually got on my nerves so I talked to the guy at AED (Advanced Engine Development) up near Sac...
Well after talking to them I decided to do it once and do it right...

Promotion Powertrain race series 26 spline input shaft and Clutch with clutch quadrant.

AED signature series 800 Block (handles up to 1000HP)
Ford GT Cams with Comp Valve springs
4340 'H' or 'I' beam rods with ARP cap-screw bolts
Diamond piston upgrade with valve reliefs for 4V heads
File-fit 'Moly' rings
Taperwall tool steel wrist pins
'Race series' main & rod bearings
ARP 2000 Main Studs
Fully built, machined, balanced, & blueprinted
ARP Head Studs
MLS Head Gaskets
Whipple FRPP 2.3
Electric Water pump
American Racing LT with full 3 inch exhaust
Upgraded the alternator(No more AC shut off at WOT)
With a little bling
Pics of the motor complete on the stand:

Just got these last week:

Pics of the Amercan Racing Long Tubes,

Shop said one of the best fitments they have ever seen, plus you dont have to touch them to pull your tranny.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Numbers!!!!
Race Tune with 100 Octane and 22PSI 681 RWHP - 666 RWTQ

Street Tune with 91 Octane and 15PSI 604 RWHP - 548 RWTQ

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/dwigg3394/?action=view&current=P2181280.flv

The motor was broken in on both the dyno and city driving, all these decisions were my call at the end and I choose to go this route for now.. I know I can get alot more power but I am going to wait for Whipple to come out with the new intake for the 2.3L.

Also On the pump gas tune the car made 15 psi right on the hit, (as soon as you go WOT), and then bled down to 14 psi by the end of the pull, (peak HP). This is very common for Whipples. On the race gas tune the car made 22 psi on the hit and then bled to 19 psi by the end of the pull. Again, common for whipples at this level.

So, the correct posting would say that the car made;

681 RWHP @ 19 psi on race fuel

and

604 RWHP @ 14 psi on pump gas

At peak TQ the car was in fact making the boost I posted, 22 psi on race fuel and 15 on pump.

Total timing on Street tune was: 20 A/F 11.5-11.8

total on Race tune: 20 A/F Same

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
dude im so jealous,the headers fit wonderfuly and thats the stock Kmember:) wow...what color blue is that if you dont mind me asking?im cleaning up the underhood of my car,looking for a good blue color.

·
Registered
340 Posts
dang thats a sick setup! wish my car was that clean lookin

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Wow, very nice! So what is the engine's displacement and static CR? Is that the 3.4L on there? Congrats!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its the 2.3L FRPP kit... Next year I will be looking to upgrade to the 3.L but going to wait and see what kind of numbers the 2.3 will do with the crusher kit.
Now just got to wait till everything is dialed in, having them fix a few more small issues with the car, once I pick her up its going straight to the track!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
604rwhp on 91 octane & 15psi is a great number.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Did you do the reroute on the vaccum hoses??? My Whipple would bleed boost until I did this and then it would hold 19 all the way past 6000. Very nice setuip you have there were those dynojet numbers??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you do the reroute on the vaccum hoses??? My Whipple would bleed boost until I did this and then it would hold 19 all the way past 6000. Very nice setuip you have there were those dynojet numbers??
I didnt know there was a Fix for the boost... do you have a how to link or info on the reroute?

Yes it was a dynojet.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I dont have a link. There have been several posts on the issue on here, try searching reroute whipple or Dave King.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I didnt know there was a Fix for the boost... do you have a how to link or info on the reroute?
I believe you just eliminate the boost bypass solenoid valve completely and hook a boost hose to the actuator on the blower base under the inlet elbow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I double checked with the shop and they had already put the fix on the whipple.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Awesome! I think I will eventually swap out my 1-5/8 MAC headers for a set of the 1-3/4 | 1-7/8 stepped ARH headers with 3" collectors. I'd like to keep the stock k-member for protection. It has saved my oil pan before!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MVM I will try to get that info for you.

hey does anyone know were I could find a Optima battery billet tie down for the Blue Top? I have been looking all over.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
WIKDVNM - Can you answer the questions about the engine's displacement and CR? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts