Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
Nice race man!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I ran a friend of mine in his GT 500 with a JLT/Tune and ran him down from two cars back and pulled even with him, then let off. Great cars, but I don't think that they will have what the Terminators had in reference to the amount of simple mods to make serious HP.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I ran a friend of mine in his GT 500 with a JLT/Tune and ran him down from two cars back and pulled even with him, then let off. Great cars, but I don't think that they will have what the Terminators had in reference to the amount of simple mods to make serious HP.
They ARE tough enough, and HUNGRY for a few simple mods, and they respond BETTER!

With a Whipple on race gas for the track, and 93 for the street, and you're kick'n 600 + at the wheels all day with NO FEAR! No other mods, driveline, nutt'n, well I guess a new driveshaft would be cool as well as drag pack stuff if you wanted it, but I think that car is good to go right out of the box, whereas the 03/04 Cobras need some beef after the motor to live with anything over 100 more HP.

I missed a chance to run off on a black GT500 Vert due to traffic, unless he could've beat me but I doubt it. It just looked to stock, as awesome as it was.

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
The GT500 needs more power to run the same times as an 03, due to the weight difference. For example, with a tune only, my car laid down 480 RWHP (DynoJet). On drag radials I managed a 12.3, I think perhaps a 12.0 or 11.9 may be possible with more time, I only went to the track once and traction was a huge issue, but, my 03 with similar power was faster.

With the large blower the GT500s are capable of making more power than the 03 cobras. I think they make enough power to be marginally faster than a seriously modded terminator, IMHO.

My GT500 at 700 RWHP is much much faster than my 03 was with 620 RWHP. I have no track times yet, but seat of the pants...

·
Registered
487 Posts
And to think NOW, I can get one, but I ain't got the dough. I swear, I would take it home Friday night, enjoy the weekend stock, drop it off to Sutton on MOnday and pick it up the following Friday ready to KILL for another 7 geeters I might add. But OH BOY would I be happy, OH yeah, some day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very nice.

(So, you're the one who made the "When Cobra's attack" video)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice.

(So, you're the one who made the "When Cobra's attack" video)
Thanks, yep thats me. The funny part is that I didn't have a Cobra at the time I created it but always wanted one. I finally picked this one up this past September with 4750 miles on it. Sold my 2001 Corvette Z06 for it and have no regrets! :thumb3:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks, yep thats me. The funny part is that I didn't have a Cobra at the time I created it but always wanted one. I finally picked this one up this past September with 4750 miles on it. Sold my 2001 Corvette Z06 for it and have no regrets! :thumb3:
I had that video on my myspace page for a long time.

·
Registered
709 Posts
that is awsome. i love the temi, but my friend was installing a whipple on a custumers car a few weeks ago. Sick power. Make my procharger look like a pea-shooter

·
Registered
709 Posts
i realize im building this thing to be like one, although it never can. But when my engine lets go a termi block will fit just fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts