Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently acquired a 2003 ford mustang svt cobra with a kenne bell supercharger. However, after inspecting the vehicle the OEM fuel pump (part # 2r3vad) no longer works. I contacted Ford to find a replacement fuel pump but its a single pump compared to the dual fuel pump my 03 svt cobra. I contacted American Muscle, Late Model Restoration, Jegs, and other companies to find a factory or aftermarket replacement but with no luck. Is there any recommendation you guys would recommend in either finding the original factory dual fuel pump or maybe an aftermarket fuel pump that would work for my 03 ford cobra. Thank You in advance.

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,524 Posts
As Joe (jrgoffin) already noted you can get the Bosch pump(s) in the aftermarket at fairly attractive pricing.

As I believe you already know, the 03 Cobras used dual pumps. If you attempt to install a single pump to replace the duals I suspect you will minimally have to retune the car for the new fuel pump. I would encourage you to replace both existing pumps with two Bosch aftermarket pumps like Joe has pointed you at. The Bosch's should be drop in replacements. That said it would not be a bad idea to have the tune checked/validated after you put the pumps in, just to be sure the new pumps are doing what you intuitively thought they would be doing.

BTW Joe's spares concept is particularly rewarding when older generation pumps are no longer available through the aftermarket and you need one. 03/04 SVT Cobra's are 15+ years old. You typically start seeing replacement parts get hard to find around the 7 year point. These cars are well past that threshold.

·
Registered
'01 SVT Cobra
1 Posts
I appreciate getting the information for the fuel pump make and model. I just purchased a terminator tank with 35K miles of use on it. Don't need pumps today, but down the road, yes.
I have done a bit of searching but have not found this exact one available on-line. I found Herko has it listed and I sent them an e-mail today Jan 13, 2022. waiting on response.
If you can recall where to purchase that would be helpful.
My mistress is a 2001, been with since 2004 (1 of 227 white with charcoal int), with 332 rwhp naturally aspirated (@95 octane) - stock was 274 rwhp. I've starved the engine going around semi-banked highway inter-change corners (really wide tires and a bit of suspension work) and I know this tank is a built better direct swap. I've put off until the original died December 2021, with just over 147,000 miles of driving like I stole it (allegedly).

There are details in this section: Engine

I bought two brand new individual pumps to keep as spares, they were $40 each. No need to buy the whole assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts