Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Dad's 03 GT feels as if it needs a Throw-out bearing pretty badly, and we might as well do a full clutch job while we are in there. Im guessing an OEM style clutch(if possible to find) would be the best for longevity, but i wanted to ask you guys first. The mods are as followed:
BBK o/r X
Magnaflow catback
Aluminum Driveshaft
JLT Intake
Pro 5.0 Shifter
MM rear control arms
Tokico Shocks/Ford racing springs

Just wanted to list the mods to make sure im getting the right clutch. Could you guys please let me know. Thank for all the help:usflag:

·
Registered
153 Posts
remember that nice centerforce and fidanza??? thats all i gotta say...

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
I love my Centerforce....

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I love my King Cobra.... Easy as pie to engage, and holds 5500rpm launches at the strip with ease.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i put a spec in my 02 GT and its sucks i mean it grabs hard unless i powershift 4th then it slips and it always chatters and i dont think its just me i have a few friends that had the same problem.. i plan on going with a centerforce heard alot of good things about them

·
Registered
512 Posts
i have a spec, never had 1 single problem out of it. it was bogging me down at 5800 rpm side stepping the clutch. we'll see next week how it does up against the new turbo.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I have used Spec before, without any issues.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ive had a centerforce and loved it...

i HATE my spec granted it can hold alot of power, its like an on off switch for the most part it seems, when i do my built tko600 it will be getting a twin disk, but i have to reccomend the centerforce either lm or dfx, also heard good things about king cobra

·
Registered
745 Posts
Fidanza 2.1 with a resurfaced stock flywheel for a daily driver. That's what I'll be going with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have ?? Is the car a DD ,what is the miles on it . Do you plan to add more mods ?
Yes the car is a DD, it has about 43,000 miles so the PO must not have been too good on the clutch. And considering its my Dad's, the car is not going to get more mods.

Thanks for the replys guys!

·
Registered
512 Posts
i have the 3+ the stage 2 would work good for those mods. the 3+ also did excellent with the direct port nitrous kit i had on the car making 375 rwhp 440 rwtq.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had a Mcleod in my '00 GT and I really liked it.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Actually, a stage 2+ will hold more power than most of you have on this site.!!!!! I ran a stage 1 with over 500rwhp, into the 10 sec range.

·
Registered
153 Posts
u say you ran a stage 1 with 500rwhp, im assumeing not on d/r's or slicks or any kind of repetitive launching, i see in your sig your on a stock motor at 465, you are one lucky sob! i envy you. :)

origional poster went with a centerforce...

do any of u stage 3+ spec guys get nasty chatter?

·
I am the Stig
2,329 Posts
Got a spec stage 2 here. Clutch is buttery smooth and is pretty easy to drive with actually. I don't have a problem slipping the clutch a little when I need to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.