Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 GT with a procharger, cams, headers, charge motion deletes, adjustable struts and shocks, ect. putting about 500rwhp. I was wondering what all of you have seen or experienced with the stock components in the rear end. I was thinking about upgrading the axles, diff., and adding c-clip eliminators. Some have told me I would be wasteing my money since I run on MT drag radials not slicks.
I have not ran the car yet in 2009 but think the 4.10 gears may not be enough to get me thru the 1/4 with a few mods I made this winter. It seems to me that it might be the best time to go ahead and bite the bullet with the rear end build. What does everyone else think? Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey
Thanks for the info. I do need to know about c-clip el.also but should be able to find that out. Do you think the '05 rear ends need an upgrade at the 500rwhp level? I love your paint color by the way. Same as mine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
c-clip ELs are a good thing. it makes you axles stronger and if you do brake an axle your not gonna spit it out the housing. the stocker could handle 500rwhp but if you wheel hop it at the track while trying to launch your gonna brake stuff. if your just driving on the street the first thing that's gonna go it the clutches inside the housing

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run at the track a couple times a month or so. I'm not wheel hoping and most people tell me I'll be ok. But I am concerned about all the problems the come with one of the wheels and axles exiting the diff. and the back end of the car hitting the ground. I am also about 150-200 miles from home at any of the tracks I run and I always drive the car there, change tires, and go.
I don't just want to look for ways to spend money, but I am thinking if I don't have enough gear to get thru the 1/4 like I think I may not, this might be as good a time as nay to upgrade the rear end. What do you think and who's parts would you use?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I'd go trutrac and FRPP "A" gears ( I did) the stock axles are 31 spline and have held up well on most cars up to the 500whp levels

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is your car stick or auto? Stick shift cars have a tendency to launch harder than autos and at your power level a rear upgrade would not be a waste of money. If you're auto, I don't think you'll have any issues unless you're using a trans brake.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Detroit tru-trac and 4.10-4.56's

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
I might be in a position to sell/trade my axle setup. 4.30 Richmond gears, 31 spline Mosers with 3" studs and Detriot Tru-Trac. I am thinking of shortening my axle housing and selling all the guts of my axle in the process. Maybe we could swap rear end assemblies plus some cash? Where in KY are you?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My car is an auto. But i have a 3500 stall that is really flashing at about 4000 according to the dyno. I am not wanting to just look for ways to spend money, but was thinking of building the motor mayby next winter and thought this might save a few dollars and be as good a time as any if I need more gear to get thru the 1/4 anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts