Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago I was playing with a friend (he's got a 929RR crotch rocket with a slipon and who knows what els) on a high speed run. He was reading 175mph(280 for us) before we had to slow down.
At that point I was still pulling strong in 5th. How fast are these 03's? Anybody done 200mph yet?

Riaan
Zinc yellow 03
[email protected]

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
What RPM where ya at in 5th at 175mph and how was it handling at that speed?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Around 175 should be near the stock redline. You must be chipped to have blown past 160, did the chip raise the rev limiter too? Pulling to 7000 should get you past 185.

There has been a 03 past 200 already. Done on some flats out west. It was for sale.

Pulling to 7000 using 3.27 rear gears, 5th gear, 25.6" tall tires (Stock 275/40/17 F1's) should put you past 200.

SVT does do high speed stability testing on their products. But the aero force go up proportionate to velocity^2. So it doesn't take a whole lot to start going way past what was designed into the car once you go past the speed limiter.

They put a limiter on the Lightnings for the same reasons.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bike's are known for having very inacruate speedos at high speeds. I raced in the AMA for a couple years as a pro. I had a stock 95 ZX9R at Brainered and was clocked at 174 mph. My speedo was maxed at 200 mph. I have had my 01 GSXR 600 tell me I was going 165 while I was clocked at 148. So unless you get a radar I would not assume you were going that fast. Also if the bike had any gear changes the speedo will be of by huge #'s at triple digit speeds.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last time I looked down, I was around 6000rpm in 5th. My revlimiter is set at 7200rpm.
The road was flat and fairly staight, so for the handling..... Al I can say is the the car felt good, never out of shape. But the scary part was the brakes!! They only work good once. On the way home the paddle was soft, after about 10min of driving they came back to normal.
I will definitly upgrade my brakes before doing that again!
It was a RUSH though.

Interesting about the bike speedos, I had no idea.

Riaan
[email protected]

·
Registered
57 Posts
TOP SPEED

I pulled my car to 6300 rpm in fifth on our dyno, the dyno speedometer read 162 mph. Stock Cobras have a 155 speed limit from the factory, of course my car is chipped. Joe

·
Registered
374 Posts
even cars have very inaccurate speedos at high speeds.....

use the digital speedo in your HEC dash gauge cluster

m.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts