Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice looking hood. Almost looks like it came out the factory like that. But the girl is stealing the show.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wow - Really makes the headlights stand out!!! ;-)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
What are the weights of the 2 hoods compared to the stock aluminum hood? Is there provision for mounting the windshield washers to the underside of one or both of your hoods?
My question also.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are the differences? And are hood pins required?
The underside. The race hood is a single layer hood with no smooth underside. The street hood is a double layer hood so it is as smooth underneath as on top. Hood pins are not required. There was a few extra reinforcements done to the front of the hood to eliminate hood shake and to give it that needed weight and stability to stay latched.

What are the weights of the 2 hoods compared to the stock aluminum hood? Is there provision for mounting the windshield washers to the underside of one or both of your hoods?
The race hood is about 8 lbs lighter. The street hood weighs the same as stock.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Since a cowled hood increases upper hood pressure, and pulls air in from the lower windshield area, how does the hood improve conditions for racing? Or does it just allow the engine bay to release more heat soak between drag racing matches? I'm not sure I understand how it improves performance. Erik

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.