Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We took a Stock 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang and did a couple baseline pulls on the dyno and it made 367RWHP and 328RWTQ.

On a side note: We have a Mustang 1100-SE Loaded Dyno, which typically reads 5-7% less then a Dyno Jet. The only thing that matters are the gains over the baseline.

We then Installed a Magnaflow Off Road X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust System, and a JLT Plastic Cold Air Intake to help the car breathe a little better.

No Mustang would be complete without loading one of our custom tunes for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang, which was developed on our In-House Dyno and has a lot of changes made to the Ti-VCT to make up for the low end torque loss the BOSS has because of the Intake Manifold.

The end result was a Peak Gain of 33RWHP and 32RWTQ.

Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Tuned SCT X3's and Cold Air Intake/SCT X3 Packages are available for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang!

Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Tuned SCT X3 and TSX's for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=267_282

Evolution Performance, Inc. Combo Power Packages for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang (Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Tuned SCT X3 and your Choice of Air Intake)
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=267_321

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Wait so it only dynoed at 367RWHP and 328RWTQ when it has 440 hp? Most stock 5.0s are doing better then that stock.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
We read about 5-7% less on our Loaded Mustang 1100-SE Dyno compared to a Dyno Jet!
Awww ok..I was like this isnt making sense. But understandable now. Thanks for clearing that up. As i know others would think same thing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking what the hell: "This is no better than the 5.0..." That makes a lot more sense though about your dyno. Glad to see the Boss responds to boltons just as happily as the 5.0 (which would have not made sense if it didn't).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Did the exhaust make a big difference over the factory quad system? Was the bypass uncapped?

·
Registered
323 Posts
You don't add the percent to gains, you add it to the entire number! it would probably make 425-428 RWHP on a Dyno Jet!
We are doing the math differently. If another dyno reads six percent more, so will the difference in gains. What I am saying is the true gain (difference between stock and modified) is slightly more than you stated, by about 2 hp/2tq.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So with the mods, what does it 1/4 mile wise compared to a stock tuned Boss? How lod is it now?
At that power level, the car should be very well balaced overall on a road course.
Who needs the GT500 unless your drag race only? I really like the Boss.
My 03 Cobra was easier to drive hi speed Auto Crossing (second and 3rd gear) at the 450 hp level with an Heaton vs. the current Whipple.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts