Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Nice updates on the car.

Makes my 2011 feel outdated already. I expect the 2015 will be a real advancement if the '13 has this many new features.

Really digging the new virtual gauge package with A/F and boost/vaccuum. I wonder if Ford includes the boost/vaccuum featured gauge in the regular N/A GT's and Bosses?

· Registered
2,734 Posts
Yeah that gt500 sounds real nice...I was wanting a boss real bad...but honestly that gt500 with the track package and the features...the wife is not going to want to hear this lol.

· Registered
188 Posts
I wonder what the curb wieght of the 5.8 GT500 is going to be? I'd imagine up slighlty over that of the 2012 GT500... If its less, then I got a problem.... I'm going to want one.

· Registered
2,734 Posts
Thats the only thing I wonder too about it...how much does it weigh and what is the front and rear split. What did the 2012 weigh?

· Registered
49 Posts
The 2013 GT500 not only seems to be good comp for the ZL1 but it helps people not have the problem of whether to get tthe 5.0 or a GT500. GT500 is definitely top of the food chain at ford now. Seems that they gave the 5.4 the same bore treatment as the 4.6 got to make the 5.0.

I am curious if the GT500 will still use the plasma cylinder lining thing. Also curious what heads the GT500 will get. Are the 5.0 castings an upgrade over the current heads? How about the Boss heads? Even better, how about a new casting with bigger ports and better flow to handle the extra displacement.

I foresee GT500's in the 10's with just wheel/tire combos. Imagine a pulley and a tune :)

· Registered
2,757 Posts
The 2013 GT500 not only seems to be good comp for the ZL1 but it helps people not have the problem of whether to get tthe 5.0 or a GT500. GT500 is definitely top of the food chain at ford now. Seems that they gave the 5.4 the same bore treatment as the 4.6 got to make the 5.0.

I am curious if the GT500 will still use the plasma cylinder lining thing. Also curious what heads the GT500 will get. Are the 5.0 castings an upgrade over the current heads? How about the Boss heads? Even better, how about a new casting with bigger ports and better flow to handle the extra displacement.

I foresee GT500's in the 10's with just wheel/tire combos. Imagine a pulley and a tune :)
i agree, 10's with a sticky tire

· Registered
374 Posts
Good thing they didn't offer the 6spd auto in the gt500 otherwise I'd be tempted to trade in my 2012 gt. That setup with an auto and pulley/tune would be pretty win.

· Registered
2,757 Posts
Good thing they didn't offer the 6spd auto in the gt500 otherwise I'd be tempted to trade in my 2012 gt. That setup with an auto and pulley/tune would be pretty win.
I know, thats the only thing I wish.

Put an auto with paddle shifters in this thing already. It would be the F'ing POO!

· Registered
49 Posts
I know, thats the only thing I wish.

Put an auto with paddle shifters in this thing already. It would be the F'ing POO!
Being a hard core manual transmission guy I like the 6spd stick only option, but it won't take long for people to put those 6R80's in there.

Man. I am gonna have a hard time not buying one.
Funny, I am gonna have the exact opposite problem, maybe we can help each other out :)

· Registered
675 Posts
Guys this thread in the camaro5 forum is 24 pages long and counting .... just fyi. Chevy community is upset
I hope they cry about mustangs beating them 4 life. I caught enough hell from LS1 owners about my 4.6s I owned tO last a life time, they can kiss it as far as I'm concerned : )

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.