Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
204.4 MPH SUPERCHARGED SUPER SNAKE!

On October 23rd at the Texas Mile, Chris Anderson's 800HP Kenne Bell 3.6LC Shelby Super Snake set the record breaking the 200 MPH barrier (204.4 MPH) and making it the first and fastest supercharged SS.

It was done without that old NOS "crutch." All Motor- no spray. Kenne Bell dealer Revan Racing, Wilmington, FL built the car and Van Collier drove it...right through some serious tire spin at 120 MPH. Ford master tuner Jon Lund performed the tuning and data acquisition.

Jim Bell

· Registered
48 Posts
204.9 MPH SUPERCHARGED SUPER SNAKE!

On October 23rd at the Texas Mile, Chris Anderson's 800HP Kenne Bell 3.6LC Shelby Super Snake set the record breaking the 200 MPH barrier (204.4 MPH) and making it the first and fastest supercharged SS.

It was done without that old NOS "crutch." All Motor- no spray. Kenne Bell dealer Revan Racing, Wellington, FL built the car and Van Collier drove it...right through some serious tire spin at 120 MPH. Ford master tuner Jon Lund performed the tuning and data acquisition.

Jim Bell
Thanks Jim!

I corrected a couple of things in your quote. Final top speed was 204.9 MPH on Sunday.

Car feels awesome at speed and it was still pulling!

Van
Revan Racing
Kenne Bell Dealer

· Registered
469 Posts
so that makes it the fastest supersnake and not the fastest gt500 in the mile right?

i mean a supersnake is just a gt500 with a package..so basically its still a gt500 with a bigger blower and wheels on it lol?

so does it make it the fastest gt500 at the beeville mile?

just curious lol

· Registered
48 Posts
Very, Very cool Van!

Nice job!

BTW-Feel free to send a copy of the magazine with the car in it if you have a spare, I missed it on the news stand :(
I'll see if I have an extra copy.

ahhhh good deal.... how much power does the car make..

finally a gt500 beat the 204.7 the whipple car did at goliad a few yrs ago..
1025 RWHP 933 RWTQ

I would love to drive this car with the March 2009 Tailwind they had at Goliad. We had a 8-10 knot headwind.

· Registered
469 Posts
damn car makes some power...yeah i had a friend that brought a few of his turbo bikes out there and said it was bad...and that beville still sucks lol...

how much boost is the car running on and what the engine setup? thats some great power for a 3.6

· Registered
48 Posts
Built 9.5:1 Compression Ford GT Wet Sump Aluminum Block by L&M Engines with Custom L&M Cams. 2" American Racing Long Tube Headers and 23-24 lbs of boost. With the heads and cams the car will peak for a second at 26 lbs of boost and quickly taper off to 23-24 lbs of boost. Also running E-85.

The Kenne Bell 3.6 is just a freakin' awesome supercharger. Super efficient.

· Registered
48 Posts
[email protected], Are you sure it didn't run 150 MPH in the 1/2 mile and you just used some math to figure out how fast it would run in the mile? (I just HAD to do it! :rofl: ).

On a serious note, that is damn impressive. Congrats!!
Thanks. Actually it was 165 at the half mile mark. Something new they did this year showing half mile trap speed.

Thanks again,

Van
Revan Racing, Inc.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
don't forget the engine behind all this....... :) LM Engines

I've been touting Mike @ LM Engines skills and no bullshit approach long before he's became popular with the modular crowd. Back in 2000 he sent me some tools to do my first cam degree job and didnt even know me sight unseen....class act. Been a supporter and customer ever since.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.