Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Big Brake Kit advice

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rencolins 
#1 ·
My F-150 hauls ass with its 640 hp engine, corners like an Indy car with its Ridetech air suspension but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to stopping. A Brembo kit is almost $4k but there are a few American made kits that range between $2200 and $2900.
Does anyone have any input as to which way I should go?
Thanks

#3 ·
Stock 2002 F-150 4 wheel discs.

We went on a 'rod run' last Sunday with about 45 miles of moderately fast touring with a group of Mustangs and Corvettes on California's twisty curvy Highway 1 which follows the coastline. No problem with corners or accelerating out of them but as the morning went on the more I realized the brakes weren't adequate for that kind of driving.

#7 ·
Definitely agree with Tbone. I would 've suggested SSBC which is what I got and you could've had them ("14in) for about $1400 a few years back next in line is Wilwood. And the hydroboost takes the clamping pressure from 4-600lbs to like 1,200lbs! really a no brainer especially with heavy lopey cams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.