Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Questions about putting a 427 in a Fox

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eds85gt 
#1 ·
Can you all give me a little help here? I'm new to the fox scene(dd a 2011 Roush Blown 5.0), and I've heard that they can be set up to go fast without much trouble. Was wondering whether a Ford 427 crate motor will drop right in? Also, was wondering what motor you all would go with in a Fox and Why? If you want to be insane fast bust still have a streetable car, what motor would you use? Thanks!!

#2 ·
Questions about putting a 427 in a fox

If going with the Ford Racing 427 crate engine, keep in mind the exhaust ports are raised 3/4" on the Ford Racing "Z" heads, so you would need to go with custom 351W swap headers instead of the normal 351 swap headers for heads with stock exhaust port location.

Also I would ask Ford Racing to make sure the oil pans will clear the steering rack. I have an 85 GT with a 351W. Decided to upgrade from stock type pan to Canton 7 quart. It would not clear the steering rack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.