CG Fab Twin 2V Turbo Build - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First 123456

I would be more than pleased with that, to say the least!

How are the street manners and how does it drive out of boost?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Toygt02 thanks I appreciate it! Please don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with the numbers. It is sick on the street. Pre spool it feel good and very drivable. On street tire or Nitto DR it only hooks in 4th on 93 or 105 tune so looking to address traction issues after I get it hooking I'll be able to assess things better. Good problem to have

The comments after my tune I thought were constructive. They both have been helpful during my build and have good expertise with some impressive turbo cars.

Great Numbers! Looks like you have a great start that won't take much to make a lot more power!

Huge Congrats!

ks

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

The Mickey Thompson et street radial 2's are a vast improvement over the Nitto 555r's. I'm not sure they will dead hook by any means, but I have been impressed so far. It is a good problem to have!

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINS View Post
    Great Numbers! Looks like you have a great start that won't take much to make a lot more power!

Huge Congrats!

ks
    Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOYGT02 View Post
    The Mickey Thompson et street radial 2's are a vast improvement over the Nitto 555r's. I'm not sure they will dead hook by any means, but I have been impressed so far. It is a good problem to have!

I plan on running a 15x10 wheel w/ 275 60 Mickey or Hoosier DR setup at the track. Softening up the suspension too.

That's what I planned on as well I have just become lazy now and just put 3153517 mickeys on the cobra replica wheels.

Keep us posted on the track results!

Your car looks badass!!
    If you put an automatic in it you'll feel like you added another 100hp.
    I'm still using a dual manual controller. I have a new boost leash controller.
    I've had it over a year and just need to install it.

Thanks. An auto would definitely haul. I just got a ride in a car very close to yours y2k. Hp performance twin turbo, PT 60mm ball bearing, ported TFS heads, Logan intake, Eric Brooks tuned, auto ect ect. It Ran 9.70 at 15lbs first time out. It felt Ridiculous!!! Made me think auto for sure but, love my setup right now.
    Last edited by S174; 04-29-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Hey guys its been forever since I last posted...I got really discouraged when I noticed Photobucket ruined all my threads also. My car has mainly become a garage queen the past year or so. I really feel in love with the GT350R when It was introduced and started setting my sites on picking one up when the price was right. I found one back in November and here's a clip of the day I took it home.

https://youtu.be/e5RSPveLDk4

Sweet! But did you keep the TT GT?

Quote Originally Posted by y2k2gt View Post
    Sweet! But did you keep the TT GT?
    Yes I still have it. I plan on having getting it out and enjoying it more this season. I still haven't even gotten it to the track. Eventually I see myself parting with it though.

Just took at your new build...It looks awesome!!!

Very NICE! That's a really nice toy to own but I hope you still keep the GT and enjoy it as much as possible..

ks

Thanks! The Saleen in safe in the garage for now...realistically I have to consider it though. Life's much busier these days and I just don't have the time to tinker in the garage like before. I'm going to pull the hot section and have it redone...Turbo X coating didn't hold up for me, I plan on having everything ceramic coated this time. While its down I plan on tidying somethings up then get out and use the car more for what I intended...we will see how it goes from there.

Hey all, I know its been a long time...I've been enjoying my GT350R, learning about it and prepping to get out on track this spring. I've put about 400 miles on the Saleen last year and have come to the realization that it may be time to part ways and let someone else enjoy the car. I'm looking at selling it and everything that I have stocked piled in my garage for the car to include most of the Saleen parts that were original with the car to include a set of drag radials on 17x10 Saleen reps and 15X10 Hoosier/Billet Specialties Setup that I never got to try at the drag strip..you can still see some the label in the tread on one I believe. My plan is to go through the car over the next month or so and seriously look at selling it this spring. Including what I paid for it back in 04 and all the work I've done I'm in over $50K. Looking for around $21K. If someone is really interested we can talk about it before then. PM me.

Hope all your builds and mods have gone great! Appreciate all I've learned and hopefully paid forward over the years as well.

Duane
    Last edited by S174; 12-01-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Bad ass!

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First 123456