Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

New toy

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  eruza 
#1 ·
Well, found a 99' Cobra with 48xxx original miles. Vortech V2, BBk long tubes and off road H. Full Saleen body kit and 18x9F 18x11R Saleen wheels. Runs great but as I'm feeling it out its having a fuel issue. I get a Rt side turn arrow on and the fuel pump dies. If I cycle the key the pump will prime and run the car for a miniute until the injectors use what pressure is in the line and then it starts to die. Has anyone seen this before?

#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
do the fpdm check and then start at pump

- - - Updated - - -

do the fpdm check and then start at pump
also could be stuck injector open pump shuts down you flood motor keep cranking gas will flood oilpan

#4 ·
I'm planning on checking the FPDM this weekend. Just don't see how the FP circuit can cause the rt turn indicator on the dash to come on. It dosent flash just on like a bulb is out in one of the blinkers. Once it "clears up" the turn indicator goes off and everything is back to normal. I am going to start digging into it and see what I can find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.