Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

What are realistic hp gains with ARH LT headers?

12K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  mullet99 
#1 ·
For those that don't know my setup up it consists of a TVS blower with 3.00 upper making 18 psi on 92 pump gas. Current exhaust is bassani highflow catted x pipe along with bassani catback. My car made 576/528 with some belt slip around 6300 rpms. Dyno seems to read lower than others around the country, its a dynojet.

I ordered the 1 3/4" headers along with a 3" off road x pipe. The headers and x pipe are currently getting ceramic coated, hope this helps keep engine bay temps down. I'm hoping with the belt slip fixed along with new exhaust I can crack 600hp, but I'm not holding my breathe. Opinions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Headers are always an awesome sound gain.

Regardless of power increase they make any exhaust sound fantastic.

Did Kooks on my 01 Cobra with a Vortech & the sound was badass. HP increase priobably was negligebile, but I did it for sound and less stress on the motor.

Its worth it. Sound alone makes it worth it.

#5 ·
#7 ·
dont worry about cobraracer46, he goes around to all the forums posting negative comments to longtube questions.

i think you will get close or maybe meet your goal of 600.
goodluck.
Thanks, yeah I'm not worried at all. I see the benefits of having my exhaust run more efficiently while possibly dropping boost a little. And of course the sound.

#12 ·
See and I've heard some make this much hp. I think it benefits more for the bigger blower, higher boost levels. I've heard numerous claim around 20-40 rwhp gain. I'll probably add 15 rwhp, lol.

#13 ·
I think Timspony has before and after on an Eaton setup and picked up good power. Search his name for a thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.