quiet in here these days! - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First 123456

Quote Originally Posted by cobraracer46 View Post
    Your mustang website is outstanding and thanks for the heads up on the book!
    Many thanks! I'll pass along the info on IFLF V.2 as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by eschaider View Post
    Joe put a lot of research and hard work into the site. It is quite comprehensive and includes some information that is, at the very least, rather difficult to come by. Great site, great info, good guy!

Ed
    Thanks again, Ed! Now if I can just get the Engine page up next, but pages seem to keep growing and growing as I dig through more and more files. One of these days it will at least look "complete".

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    Any particular reason you picked the LPW cover over the FRPP cover?

I'm just now getting to the IRS in mine 12 years alter too- just lowered the rear end with new springs and shocks. All the FTBR stuff/diffs/covers/extended stud hubs will have to wait just a bit more.
    The main reason I got the LPW cover was you could get it powder coated black which I liked. I am not even sure if LPW is still selling them anymore, the last time I was on their site I couldn't find anything for IRS, maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Also I had to grind a little metal off the rear differential bushings bracket and the lower half of the "L" in LPW to clearance the bracket from the diff cover. Not a big deal you can't see it any way but kind of annoying I had to do that to get the cover to fit the stock bracket. Good Luck with your project you lowered the rear? What about the front?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jrgoffin View Post
    Many thanks! I'll pass along the info on IFLF V.2 as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Ed! Now if I can just get the Engine page up next, but pages seem to keep growing and growing as I dig through more and more files. One of these days it will at least look "complete".
    Yes! Please, Please do the engine page, I need all the help I can get now that I'm installing major upgrades to this car. We didn't do much to it for the first 11 years cause it only had 30,000 miles on it and everything worked so we just drove it. That changed last year when it spit the throw out bearing sleeve and I had to take the transmission apart to replace it. So I did a boat load up upgrades to the clutch and transmission since I had it all apart anyway. Is what set me down the path I'm on now... I love your website keep up the great work! Thanks for all the great stuff you've put out there all ready it's really a huge help.
    Last edited by akgeff; 04-07-2015 at 11:42 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

I've been lurking around the forums reading stuff time to time for the past several years due to the car taking a back seat to other priorities. Starting around 2007 the car took a back seat to school in preparation for a career change which also led to a wife, family, and house at the same time. I believe from 2008-2012 I put less than 1000 miles on the car. Thought about selling it but knew I would loose my ass and would also regret it.

Unfortunately for the car the first 10 years of it's life it spent outdoor because I never had a garage so the clear coat on the roof, top of the rear quarters, and decklid are smoked. Car needs a cosmetic restoration. Sad to see a few years ago that my first new car wasn't so new anymore.

Been slowly getting back into it. Recently got my SCT PRP up to date and a new X4. One step at a time I suppose.

Forum seem a little slower compared to when these are were new but that's ok, still a lot of knowledgeable people around and good to see some of the die hards still at it representing.

Was and still is an awesome car, one of those cars that doesn't respond to an industry but sets a new standard in it for others to follow.

Glad to see you more active again Michael. For those who haven't noticed, the guy who conceived of and started the Terminator Table of Contents (TToC) was Michael. Thanks for a great idea Michael and the ongoing support you (and others) gave to it in its infancy that has allowed it to grow into the valuable tool and information resource it is today.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by akgeff View Post
    The main reason I got the LPW cover was you could get it powder coated black which I liked. I am not even sure if LPW is still selling them anymore, the last time I was on their site I couldn't find anything for IRS, maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Also I had to grind a little metal off the rear differential bushings bracket and the lower half of the "L" in LPW to clearance the bracket from the diff cover. Not a big deal you can't see it any way but kind of annoying I had to do that to get the cover to fit the stock bracket. Good Luck with your project you lowered the rear? What about the front?
    I ordered the KW coilovers and it took them 6 weeks to make them. She was up on ramps the whole time, and I was ready to finally get her off the ramps and use that garage space. So I just slapped the rear stuff in since my car always sat way up high in the rear. Oddly enough, with the car dropped 2" in the rear, the rear only sits about 1/4" lower than the front. Fronts will be installed at some point- just too much going on right now to rip all that out and replace it.

Hey folks, after a couple of years of rough times I'm getting back into the Mustang scene. In the past couple of years I've had 2 more heart attacks, 6 more surgeries, and 18 hospital stays for heart failure. I sold my KB blown 97 Cobra, and was looking for a Termi. Then my wife died unexpectedly in her sleep. She was in great shape, but passed away due to an aneurysm. 2 weeks later my step dad died, then the day after Christmas my Real Dad died. I was in surgery during my wife's funeral and of course couldn't go. I had to be heavily sedated for awhile. Thanks to friends, family and my faith in God I was able to pull through, and of course my Military buddies helped a lot! So I decided it was time to look for a new toy, something to look forward too. I found a beautiful 2010 Grabber Blue GT with 20K on it and bought it that day. It's totally stock! Perfect, now I'm doing small mods to make it my way. I really missed this place, Facebook sucks, if you ask a question the next post you get is, oh here's a pic of mine! Questions never answered... At least people here respect you and want to help. I'm Happy to be back, this place is now part of my therapy. Good to see some familiar names.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrob27 View Post
    Hey folks, after a couple of years of rough times I'm getting back into the Mustang scene. In the past couple of years I've had 2 more heart attacks, 6 more surgeries, and 18 hospital stays for heart failure. I sold my KB blown 97 Cobra, and was looking for a Termi. Then my wife died unexpectedly in her sleep. She was in great shape, but passed away due to an aneurysm. 2 weeks later my step dad died, then the day after Christmas my Real Dad died. I was in surgery during my wife's funeral and of course couldn't go. I had to be heavily sedated for awhile. Thanks to friends, family and my faith in God I was able to pull through, and of course my Military buddies helped a lot! So I decided it was time to look for a new toy, something to look forward too. I found a beautiful 2010 Grabber Blue GT with 20K on it and bought it that day. It's totally stock! Perfect, now I'm doing small mods to make it my way. I really missed this place, Facebook sucks, if you ask a question the next post you get is, oh here's a pic of mine! Questions never answered... At least people here respect you and want to help. I'm Happy to be back, this place is now part of my therapy. Good to see some familiar names.

Welcome back Jrob27. Sorry to hear about the family issues.

The social networking effect on sites like ModFords has been significant. Like your experience in the social networking space, it is not for everybody just as sites like this are not. For the gang who likes to post pics to help you share in their social experience the social networking sites can be decidedly more rewarding/satisfying compared to a ModFords style site. Of course for those who have a more technical bent to their interests and posts ModFords is positioned to do a better job of meeting those needs and expectations.

BTW if we know your first name we will respond to you by it unless you would prefer to keep it private — either way is fine..

Welcome back and great pick for your new wheels.

Ed

Thank you, I've always been more into the technical part of things. I look forward to continued learning.
    My first name is Jim.
    Thanks again for your input.

This site still has the best tech. It always has been the go to site to get proper modular information. I remember jimmy vaccaro telling me about this site when I bought my 03 cobra 12 years ago. Time just went by so fast. I have such a strong bond with my cobra and have many memories with it. still love my terminator

Stangfreak, I really have to agree. The help I've received here has been excellent.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jrob27 View Post
    Stangfreak, I really have to agree. The help I've received here has been excellent.
    I am so glad I found this site.

Senior Member Array cobraracer46's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin04 View Post
    Yeah, check out this site called SVTperformance.com. They'll have all your answers there.
    So I was lurking around that site the other day and I saw something for the first time that might be an indicator that it's dying: all the sub form activity showed " last post yesterday." Here at Modularfords, I think the solid tech not found on other sites will keep this place alive.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraracer46 View Post
    So I was lurking around that site the other day and I saw something for the first time that might be an indicator that it's dying: all the sub form activity showed " last post yesterday." Here at Modularfords, I think the solid tech not found on other sites will keep this place alive.
    Svtperformance.com is a great site for fun and buying parts but it lacks almost any true knowledge.

17. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First 123456