Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

My first No Prep 1/8 mile Stick Shift event

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Tractionless 
#1 ·
I ran my first "No Prep 1/8 mile Stick Shift" event on Saturday night. It was a balmy 94* and terribly humid.
The track was scary slick until the sunset then it was decent.
I got way to close to the wall for my comfort several times.
Worst pass was a 7.9@78 1.79 60'. Best pass was a 6.4@110 1.43 60'.
I surprised a lot of people and I even beat the 3 time winner!
VMP TVS FTW!!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

See less See more
#6 ·
Very nice job Rick! The car is even more amazing, to me because it is your daily driver!!

Now if we can just figure out how to get another 0.04 off the short times ... :)

Ed
Ed,
I have not spent much time on suspension set up. Never even checked the pinion angle.
The car has worked very well as is.
Justin recently picked up some scales and wants to spend some time dialing it in a bit better.
Any improvement will be icing on the cake!
A $1050 payout was nice for my first time ever at that event!

#7 ·
The $1,050 purse is always a nice ending to the outing and also helps offset the expense to freshen the engine earlier this year.

Very impressive ride there, Rick.

BTW, work your photog harder. :) I was looking for the payout on the check but couldn't read it.

Ed

#8 ·
The $1,050 purse is always a nice ending to the outing and also helps offset the expense to freshen the engine earlier this year.

Very impressive ride there, Rick.

BTW, work your photog harder. :) I was looking for the payout on the check but couldn't read it.

Ed
I intentionally blurred the amount so my wife wouldn't know.
She was happy when I handed her a $100 bill and said look what I won! LOL!! :)

#11 ·
Congratulations Rick that's awesome! Now some decent air and some 9.50's are on order.

#15 ·
Funny you mention that. I won the SVT Shootout at MIR this year.
The gave me a 6' trophy. I said that is so cool but how am I supposed to get it back to Florida??
Luckily the gave me cash along with the cool big check!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

#22 ·
Was your dad driving?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.