Remote tuning help

+ Reply to Thread

Icon5 Remote tuning help

Hey all, it has come down for the need of an actual post instead of just searching.

I have a fully built teksid stroker, and am having a helluva time trying to find someone that can remote tune it. I've got a good tuner trying, but so far no joy. Wondering what other options I have. I've tried BBR and they flat said no, same thing with VMP and I'm not sure if lethal does remote.

Heres the list:
    Prepped teksid block, bored .020 over
    Kellog forged stroker crank
    Manly H-beam rods
    Diamond coated forged pistons
    Total seal stainless file to fit rings
    CG fab forward facing headers
    on3 turbo (its crap but need the car to run before upgrading)
    tial 38mm wastegate
    tial 50mm bov
    massive fmic
    port matched 4v navigator heads
    ported 2000 cobra intake manifold with plenum riser
    stock TB
    stock fuel lines with professional products fuel rails
    Ford GT single pump (i need more fuel eventually I know, but again...running first)
    Accel coil packs
    Mezier water pump
    MMR "turbo grind" level 2 cams, made by Comp
    McCleod RXT twin
    stock flywheel
    Built T56
    PMAS HPX blow through
    SCT Livewire (which I have to put in the freezer to see the screen)
    CA 91 octane crap fuel, no access to E85 within 200 miles
    AAaaaaaaaaaand Siemens 80lb injectors, the main issue.

I've done a leakdown, and have between 4 and 8% on a cold engine, with number 8 being almost 15%
    it has a full cooling mod setup, to standard pressur tank, overflow tank, inline thermostat (160f) and even flow mod in the back. Mishimoto radiator.

The car will start...but runs very rough with erradic AFR (AEM wideband). If I rev it, it doesn't smooth out but will rev, when i let off the gas it immediately dies. I've tried an old set of 19s that were on the car and my tuner sent me a new tune, now it starts, idles down, and dies.

I've done a intake leak test, and injector o-rings were leaking, sealed them up and same situation. Cleaned the IAC out and same thing. No intake leaks, no exhaust leaks....everything mechanically is sound and brand new. I'm at a loss. I've heard the 80s are tough to tune, but the 19s should be cake.

I should also mention this is a hacked GT harness, however, at his actual dyno he tuned the 80s just fine and it idled, ran, and made 450whp. This is terrible, and that is because the old stainless rings never set and it burnished the cylinders. So after refreshing the cylinders and new rings....its back to healthy with good compression and good leakdown numbers.

No local tuners
    Can't tow it anywhere close
    nowhere close...I'm in Eureka Ca.
    Any help would be awesome, I've been searching for weeks. Car has been down for almost 2 years. Oh, and I put new gas in after draining the system...just in case.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by -loki-; 07-29-2015 at 02:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Check the cam/crank sensors. If one misses a beat the A/F will be erratic like your saying.

Call Kurgan Motorsports they can remote tune it for you.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! I'll have to check those and see what I can find on kurgan.

Quote Originally Posted by -loki- View Post
    Hey all, it has come down for the need of an actual post instead of just searching.

I have a fully built teksid stroker, and am having a helluva time trying to find someone that can remote tune it. I've got a good tuner trying, but so far no joy. Wondering what other options I have. I've tried BBR and they flat said no, same thing with VMP and I'm not sure if lethal does remote.

Heres the list:
    Prepped teksid block, bored .020 over
    Kellog forged stroker crank
    Manly H-beam rods
    Diamond coated forged pistons
    Total seal stainless file to fit rings
    CG fab forward facing headers
    on3 turbo (its crap but need the car to run before upgrading)
    tial 38mm wastegate
    tial 50mm bov
    massive fmic
    port matched 4v navigator heads
    ported 2000 cobra intake manifold with plenum riser
    stock TB
    stock fuel lines with professional products fuel rails
    Ford GT single pump (i need more fuel eventually I know, but again...running first)
    Accel coil packs
    Mezier water pump
    MMR "turbo grind" level 2 cams, made by Comp
    McCleod RXT twin
    stock flywheel
    Built T56
    PMAS HPX blow through
    SCT Livewire (which I have to put in the freezer to see the screen)
    CA 91 octane crap fuel, no access to E85 within 200 miles
    AAaaaaaaaaaand Siemens 80lb injectors, the main issue.

I've done a leakdown, and have between 4 and 8% on a cold engine, with number 8 being almost 15%
    it has a full cooling mod setup, to standard pressur tank, overflow tank, inline thermostat (160f) and even flow mod in the back. Mishimoto radiator.

The car will start...but runs very rough with erradic AFR (AEM wideband). If I rev it, it doesn't smooth out but will rev, when i let off the gas it immediately dies. I've tried an old set of 19s that were on the car and my tuner sent me a new tune, now it starts, idles down, and dies.

I've done a intake leak test, and injector o-rings were leaking, sealed them up and same situation. Cleaned the IAC out and same thing. No intake leaks, no exhaust leaks....everything mechanically is sound and brand new. I'm at a loss. I've heard the 80s are tough to tune, but the 19s should be cake.

I should also mention this is a hacked GT harness, however, at his actual dyno he tuned the 80s just fine and it idled, ran, and made 450whp. This is terrible, and that is because the old stainless rings never set and it burnished the cylinders. So after refreshing the cylinders and new rings....its back to healthy with good compression and good leakdown numbers.

No local tuners
    Can't tow it anywhere close
    nowhere close...I'm in Eureka Ca.
    Any help would be awesome, I've been searching for weeks. Car has been down for almost 2 years. Oh, and I put new gas in after draining the system...just in case.
    Thanks!
    AED in the Sacramento area they also do remote tuning.

Kurgan Motorsports Array

sounds pretty simple...

thanks for the referral, Ed..

Sent you an email Bob, hopefully can get my car squared away. Poor thing has been rebuilt and sitting for almost 6 months. I have an oil priming pump and it has started, so no worries on rust.

10. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread