Cobra Engineering oil cooler delete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Default Cobra Engineering oil cooler delete

I just received this from James and what a nice piece it is. Later this week, i'll grab for -10 oring fittings and thread in my stock oil pressure sending unit. Since there are 2 provisions for sending units, i'll likely run an aftermarket oil pressure gauge as well.

Here are some pictures that show the work of art that James has created.

***Photos on Page 5***
    Last edited by Wicked46; 05-09-2018 at 07:58 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Awesome! Looks very nice. I am receiving some CE pieces this week, need to get the oil cooler delete ordered up as well.

James' stuff is part jewelry, part performance racing, all ultra high quality and just flat beautiful no matter how you look at it.

Ed

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

That is a super nice piece! What's the price tag on it?

Thanks everyone.
    I do have one that is the size of the larger gasket as well.
    That is the first prototype. But I am looking at around $275 for a final price.

Junior Member Array

Man that's nice! I am going to be buying one of those for sure. Thanks for posting that up Wicked46 I was just about to buy the MMR one, just because I didn't think there was another out there.

Sweet!!!!
    James, I can't PM you, inbox is full but parts we spoke of are on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by toolpusher View Post
    Man that's nice! I am going to be buying one of those for sure. Thanks for posting that up Wicked46 I was just about to buy the MMR one, just because I didn't think there was another out there.
    Don't give MMR a dime. The water neck is way to small on the MMR piece. James's piece is top notch and the water neck is the correct size for optimal water flow.

Junior Member Array

I sent James a PM, I hope he gets back to me, I am for sure buying one of his.

Senior Member Array 04DeadShort's Avatar

That piece is beautiful, It's a shame that it can only be seen from the bottom of the car.

I like it!

I just ordered an aftermarket oil pressure gauge which comes with an 1/8'' NPT sending unit. on James's piece, both holes are drilled for a 1/4 NPT like the older FRPP piece years back. The stock oil pressure sending unit threaded right in. I picked up the appropriate adapter that will neck down to 1/8''npt for my aftermarket gauge.

Supporting Vendor Array Mod Mustang Racing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked46 View Post
    Don't give MMR a dime. The water neck is way to small on the MMR piece. James's piece is top notch and the water neck is the correct size for optimal water flow.
    Firstly, it is a nice looking part and we wish him the best of luck selling them. In regards to the MMR version we can do different outlet sizes, the 1.5" is certainly not a restriction however and clearly Ford agrees being that the 2015-2016 Mustang GT Radiators use the same size lower radiator nipple, keep in mind, the MMR design allows for use with AN fittings also for the water, simply unscrew the barb and screw in a union (also available no charge as a option). But again, someone who wants a 1 3/4 nipple can certainly request it for no additional cost- not a problem - our apologies for interrupting the thread, just wanted to clarify.

MMR
    Last edited by Mod Mustang Racing; 01-15-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Mustang Racing View Post
    Firstly, it is a nice looking part and we wish him the best of luck selling them. In regards to the MMR version we can do different outlet sizes, the 1.5" is certainly not a restriction however and clearly Ford agrees being that the 2015-2016 Mustang GT Radiators use the same size lower radiator nipple, keep in mind, the MMR design allows for use with AN fittings also for the water, simply unscrew the barb and screw in a union (also available no charge as a option). But again, someone who wants a 1 3/4 nipple can certainly request it for no additional cost- not a problem - our apologies for interrupting the thread, just wanted to clarify.

MMR
    Firstly, you're comparing a 2015-16 to a 4.6L? Before I knew the cobra engineering piece would be available, I asked about your oil cooler delete twice. The 1st time I never got a response back. The second time I called you guys directly and was told "it is what it is" and the guy I spoke to couldn't even tell me what size it was. But I'm sure it's not MMR's fault at all.

Supporting Vendor Array Mod Mustang Racing's Avatar

Firstly, you're comparing a 2015-16 to a 4.6L? Before I knew the cobra engineering piece would be available, I asked about your oil cooler delete twice. The 1st time I never got a response back. The second time I called you guys directly and was told "it is what it is" and the guy I spoke to couldn't even tell me what size it was. But I'm sure it's not MMR's fault at all.
    Wicked46 - really sorry about that, unfortunately it is hard to get good help anymore, our sales guys are not good tech guys and our tech guys are not good sales guys, we agree, it was certainly our fault for not training our sales guys properly and them not having full knowledge of the product, there are also many custom parts that we make that they are simply not aware of. My apologies again!

Mark
    Modular Motorsports Inc.

18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last