SCT PRP thread - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 First 1234567 Last
Results 76 to 90 of 93

Thread: SCT PRP thread

  1. #76
    Senior Member Array Swerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,037

    Default

    Never use the undo function with SCT. It apparently corrupts stuff.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #77
    Senior Member Array smashedheadcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    South Weber, UT
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Absolutely. I think having something off, it is causing me to use the maf curve as a bandaid. Which, in turn, throws load off. I am at work, so I can't send a shot right now, but it looks like this at this point:

    I haven't moved out of the idle stage, so I haven't established any trends. After 700 ad counts, it reflects my old tried and true maf curve.

  4. #78

    Default

    Anyone have any tips when scaling to control transient fueling/Accelerator pump?

    I have to scale my tune to close to 35% and when I scale manifold volume by .35 the car dips insanely rich on tip in like in the 9.X AFR's. If I put manifold volume to 10 it goes really lean on WOT like (18.X AFR). I've played with manifold volume and can get where it dips a little rich on WOT at 3000+ RPMs but if I go WOT at a low RPM it goes lean, I think it has to do with the transient fuel table but I'm not really sure.

    I'm running ID1000's so maybe its the spray pattern Ryan mentioned being a problem.

    Back when i had a whipple I never had to scale as much and I never had a problem. Now with the TVS I need to and it causes issue. If I go BP Modifier I don't have this issue but you have the low load issues associated with it.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #79
    Senior Member Array Swerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,037

    Default

    Simply multiply manifold volume by .7 and see how that lands your tip in.

  7. #80

    Default

    I'm having a puzzling issue that I'm hoping you guys might be able to shed some light on.

    Basically, I'm seeing about .14 load, and 700-800rpm at idle. In those cells (and the cells surrounding) on my borderline knock table, I'm commanding 15* of timing. When I datalog my spark source, it is coming back to '2,' which indicates it is pulling from the borderline knock table. For some reason, though, I'm seeing 23* of spark at idle.

    When I go WOT, I'm seeing exactly the 17* of timing that I'm commanding on my borderline knock table. I'm not running any global spark adders, and all of the retard tables in my borderline knock folder are zero'd out, so I'm kind of stumped about what's going on. I double checked, and if I modify my MBT table, I can force the spark back down to 15. That is not an approach I want to take, however.

    It did not always use to be this way; I ran the car fine on 93 octane for almost a year and always hit my commanded spark. I first noticed the idle being off when I switched to e85. This skewed my load readings a bit, and even though I corrected my spark tables, the issue remains.

    If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

  8. #81

    Default

    I’ve been using PRP for a few years now and have everything dialed in pretty well. My car is a 2.9 whipple, custom cams, ID1000’s and a return style fuel system on E85. The one issue that I have is a lean tip in when getting into boost (and I wonder if it’s transitioning from low to high injector slopes at this time as well). No matter what I’ve adjusted I cannot get rid of this. Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

  9. #82
    Senior Member Array Swerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cammed03Whipple View Post
    I’ve been using PRP for a few years now and have everything dialed in pretty well. My car is a 2.9 whipple, custom cams, ID1000’s and a return style fuel system on E85. The one issue that I have is a lean tip in when getting into boost (and I wonder if it’s transitioning from low to high injector slopes at this time as well). No matter what I’ve adjusted I cannot get rid of this. Anyone else ever have a problem like this?
    Multiply your manifold volume by 1.2 and post back how that effects it.

    With AMZ2 I tried a LOT of different things to fix lean or rich tip in. Manifold volume was the only way I could get anywhere with it.

    Conversely, on an '07 3V manifold volume did nothing for tip in. I had to tune that out through transient fuel tables (which seem to do nothing on AMZ2). The only reason I mention this is to point out how every processor code is a LOT more different than it would seem.

  10. #83

    Default

    I hope it isn't taboo to bump this thread back up. Thought it might be better to keep this info in one place rather than start a new thread.

    My car is back up and on the road again since my post earlier on this page, and I'm still experiencing spark bump at idle. Let me give a bit more background real fast. I had my car tuned by a pretty competent tuner about 4-5 years ago. I used that tune as my template when I started tuning my own stuff about 3 years ago. Like I said, the tune was spot on so I did not make many changes until I switched to e85 and added SD 80# injectors last year. I have everything functioning at WOT and cruising RPM correctly, but now I'm wanting to focus on these minor issues to improve my street driving experience.

    I've datalogged it enough to see spark source periodically go to '9,' which is idle control. This, in my mind, means that the IAC is letting in less air than what the engine needs to achieve the commanded idle RPM, so it's bumping spark up.


    My question is, where to go from here? I have two tables which I think should be applicable to this: ISC Drive idle air fow, and ISC neutral idle air flow. However, the previous tuner has left these tables entirely stock and instead modified the 'idle air multiplier' tables for drive and neutral. I'm not sure if I should only mess with the multiplier tables, and I'm not certain how to know what changes to make without blinding plugging in numbers.

    What method do you all use to get your idle dialed in? I've read that some people recommend backing out the throttle stop until the car will idle without the IAC plugged in, and then adjusting the tune until your IAC duty cycle is at 30%. This absolutely will not work for me. The idle has to be able 1500 or so before the car will run without any IAC input. I'm not sure if that is because my tune is THAT far off at idle, or if this simply isn't applicable to our vehicles (some of that information came from Foxbody guys running a TwEECer).
    Last edited by flyboy1294; 06-02-2017 at 07:19 AM.

  11. #84

    Default

    Do you have hot rod cams and if you do what are they and how are they phased?


    Ed

  12. #85

    Default

    Looking for some help from fellow PRP users.

    I Switched to a TVS blower with a lethal return fuel system dead head type. Car was a ported Eaton 17 psi on e50 before zero issues before the swap. I turned the mafia to 3 rescaled hi slope, low slope, break point, cubic inches and changed setting's for fuel system I still have my FRPS. Now when getting in to boost 4500-4800 the air fuel commands/STFT 1.29 and car hits a wall. I can't tell if i made a mistake in the tune or I have a fuel system issue. I have compared the new tune with the old and double checked scaling and can't find a issue.

    I have the base fuel pressure set at 50 I should see 50 psi on the frps datalog regardless of weather its seeing boost or vac correct?

    I attached a pic of the datlog

    Attachment 169089

  13. #86
    Senior Member Array Swerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mat50ho View Post
    Looking for some help from fellow PRP users.

    I Switched to a TVS blower with a lethal return fuel system dead head type. Car was a ported Eaton 17 psi on e50 before zero issues before the swap. I turned the mafia to 3 rescaled hi slope, low slope, break point, cubic inches and changed setting's for fuel system I still have my FRPS. Now when getting in to boost 4500-4800 the air fuel commands/STFT 1.29 and car hits a wall. I can't tell if i made a mistake in the tune or I have a fuel system issue. I have compared the new tune with the old and double checked scaling and can't find a issue.

    I have the base fuel pressure set at 50 I should see 50 psi on the frps datalog regardless of weather its seeing boost or vac correct?

    I attached a pic of the datlog

    Attachment 169089
    There are a few things that can do this. There's a "switch to set to zero" in the tune. Make sure that's set to 0!
    Next up, did you load the return fuel val?
    Did you do anything with evap?

  14. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    There are a few things that can do this. There's a "switch to set to zero" in the tune. Make sure that's set to 0!
    Next up, did you load the return fuel val?
    Did you do anything with evap?
    Thanks for reply

    Can you be more clear on the first two settings?
    If you are talking about the evap in the rear by the gas tank? Then the Evap is no longer wired since I went to a return fuel system.

  15. #88
    Senior Member Array Swerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    5,037

    Default

    Do a search for switch to set to zero. That's literally what it's called and the default setting is 1. If you don't switch it to zero it'll hit a wall just like you describe.

    I've also had it do this when I had an evap code and the SES light was on. When I eased into boost it went into a sort of limp mode and jumped to the LWFM table which default maxes at 1.5 load so AFR went super lean, and timing went way advanced. NOT good. I always set the LWFM table to max up at 1.99 after that event.

    Did you change the system switch fuel system type in the tune to return fuel?

    Did you load the VAL file that disables all the evap codes?

    You want to set your fuel pressure in the tune to be a good bit higher than your target. So if you sent you base at 50psi, set your tune fuel pressure to 60.

  16. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post

    I've also had it do this when I had an evap code and the SES light was on. When I eased into boost it went into a sort of limp mode and jumped to the LWFM table which default maxes at 1.5 load so AFR went super lean, and timing went way advanced. NOT good. I always set the LWFM table to max up at 1.99 after that event.

    Did you change the system switch fuel system type in the tune to return fuel?

    Did you load the VAL file that disables all the evap codes?

    I think you nailed it I did not Load the EVAP value files.

  17. #90

    Default

    I don't see a EVAP value file but I came across this in a search. Can anyone confirm these are correct to turn off the evap?

    Canister Vent Solenoid Threshold for P1451 - 255
    Canister Vent Threshold for P1451 - 63.990
    Tank Pressure Transducer High Error - 63.990
    Threshold for P0443 Code - 63.990


    Within SCT Advantage 3 software, all 4 of these parameters are located in the "OBDII, Canister Purge, Scalar" section.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Similar Threads

  1. Sct prp?
    By darkside03gt in forum Tuning and Diagnostics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2015, 01:36 AM
  2. Sct prp
    By SteveFord in forum Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
  3. SCT PRP and SCT Learn @ Home PKG
    By DSGGEN2 in forum Vendor Deals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
  4. Sct Prp
    By cbr in forum 1996 - 2004 Mustang GT
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 11:49 AM
  5. Sct Prp?
    By pwrdbypsi in forum Tuning and Diagnostics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 09:03 AM