Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

R title mach 1

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  eruza 
#1 ·
I understand that a car with a R title can considerably lower the overall value. My question would be how much of an impact does it have on my 03 Mach 1? I bought the car with the understanding that it would not be much more than a driver and not
collectible. I am having a blast owning and driving the car. It looks great and turns a lot of heads. Just wondering the ballpark value. Thanks

#2 ·
The "R" code in the Mach 1 VIN's is basically a homage to the past. Back in the day, Ford used letter codes for special engines in the classic Mustangs. It's another retro theme Ford did along with bringing back the Mach 1's. The "R" refers to our 4.6L DOHC engine that is only available for the Mach 1's. That will improve value rather than lower it.

#5 ·
Ah lol Oops!

The R refers to "Rebuilt", meaning it has a rebuilt title. You could probably google that and find out the exact details, but I believe that means it was totaled by an insurance company at some point in its life. When someone buys it and restores it, you have to get a rebuilt title status put on it. That's to protect a buyer I'm sure. But, it doesn't necessarily mean the car is bad. The owner could have had a minor wreck, but the payout was more than the it would be to buy a replacement, or more than its book value.

#4 ·
condition of the car doesnt matter a whole lot to most people at this point, once theres a title issue the value tanks. I havent dealt with it personally I would think it would have to cut the value somewhere close to half.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.