Need help with wiring on my Modular Fox please.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help with wiring on my Modular Fox please.

I've got a 1990 mustang that I stripped everything out of. Well, at this point I have all of the wiring in the foxbody from the 01 cobra that I bought. I'm having some confusion on how to wire up the window motors, window switch and the rear lights in my foxbody. I'm using the foxbody window motor switches with the 01 cobra wiring harness. My question is how do I wire this up. I want to keep the foxbody door panels with the window motor switches. Any help would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot something else. I'm also wondering how to wire up the fox windshield wiper motor using the 01 cobra wiring connector?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Member Array

Kratos, I added power windows to a Fairmont with 89 harness, it is pretty much a stand alone. I would use the original harness and just tap into the power line for windows, the circuit uses breakers, About the wipers, I put a MK VIII harness in my Ford Customline Coupe 5.4 DOHC and used the MK VIII wiper motor, I fabbed the mounting bracket and removed the crank on the motor and used the crank from the one that was on the car, I had to do some grinding to make it fit, all works great. hope this helps

Hey, don't know if you've figured this out or not but what I did was run the whole new edge door harness through the fox doors. The power window switch mounts to the same spot on the fox armrest and the window switches from the fox will work on the new edge harness!
    I cut the plug off of the new edge harness for the window motor and soldered the fox window motor plug onto it. As well for the power mirror plugs.
    The tail lights were the same concept, cut new edge plugs off and solder the fox bulb sockets. Before you solder everything just make sure it all works.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by modular92 View Post
    Hey, don't know if you've figured this out or not but what I did was run the whole new edge door harness through the fox doors. The power window switch mounts to the same spot on the fox armrest and the window switches from the fox will work on the new edge harness!
    I cut the plug off of the new edge harness for the window motor and soldered the fox window motor plug onto it. As well for the power mirror plugs.
    The tail lights were the same concept, cut new edge plugs off and solder the fox bulb sockets. Before you solder everything just make sure it all works.
    Helped me! That's what I was looking for is a little direction in my build. I have all the harnesses and looks like some connections can be re pinned but others need to be cut and soldered. Thanks for this post!

Member Array

the best way is to use wiring for the windows and wiper from the 90 just tap in the power if your not changing the dash and wiper switch. If your just changing the motor just use that part of the 01.. you will need an evtm wiring manual for both year of cars to get everything hooked in properly. that's what I do on change overs,

8. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread