Vortech Tuner kit for 99 Cobra

+ Reply to Thread

Default Vortech Tuner kit for 99 Cobra

Is it possible to get 700 to the rear wheels with a Vortech kit? What would need to be done with fuel management?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array cobraracer46's Avatar

The Vortech Ti will support more than 700 at the tire.

V-1 TI SUPERCHARGER

"Performance Specs

Max Speed:
    55000 RPM
    Max Boost:
    26 PSI
    Max Flow:
    1400 CFM
    Max Power:
    950 HP
    Peak Efficiency:
    75%
    Performance specs apply to units equipped with heavy duty gearcase.

Dimensions

Discharge OD:
    2.75"
    Inlet OD:
    3.75"
    Discharge ID:
    2.38"
    Inducer Diameter:
    3.51"

It is recommended to run an 8 rib belt and overdrive damper and here is my 8 rib swap thread
    https://www.modularfords.com/threads/...ged-2001-Cobra

For the fuel system, I would suggest an 03-04 cobra tank, pumps, 90MM lighting maf, 60 pound injectors and a Kenne Bell boost a pump.

Hey Jan,
    Can you give me the part number for the tuner kit, and the Ti supercharger? I'm assuming your going to upgrade to a return style fuel system for your new build.
    Thanks,
    Frank

5. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array cobraracer46's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
    Hey Jan,
    Can you give me the part number for the tuner kit, and the Ti supercharger? I'm assuming your going to upgrade to a return style fuel system for your new build.
    Thanks,
    Frank
    I am not going to convert my cobra over to a return style fuel system and open a big can of worms in the form of drivability issues and waste over a $1000 when I can simply add a single boost a pump to the 03 Cobra duel pump and tank combo thats on my car now that will support 750 RWHP with the stock fuel rails and feed line. If my car exceeds 750 RWHP, I could replace the terminator cobra fuel pumps with GT super car pumps, add a duel boost a pump, 80 injectors and that combo will support 1000 RWHP while maintaining the factory rails and factory fuel hat, etc.

In order to get the power numbers you want, the blower of your choice will have to be spun past 20PSI so an 8 rib pulley swap would be highly recommended so if you go down that road, I would not waste your money on a tuner kit as you would have to throw away all the pulleys and mounting bolts, etc that come with the tuner kit.

Vortech does not offer an 8 rib pulley kit or an overdrive damper for the 99-01 Cobra 4.6 but it's easy enough to make your own kit and here is my thread on how I created my own 8 rib kit rather than buying some over priced kit from some guy who named himself after a military action figure. https://www.modularfords.com/threads/...ged-2001-Cobra

I would just make my own tuner kit and buy a mounting bracket kit such as this one http://www.superchargersonline.com/i...oducts_id=5350 You will also need a coolant cross over pipe and then you have to modify the cross over pipe http://www.superchargersonline.com/i...oducts_id=7469 and put together your own 8 rib pulley kit with all of the required nuts post, etc.

I would call Vortech to the part number on the Ti blower.

7. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread