Where are all the forum members?????
+ Reply to Thread

Default Where are all the forum members?????

Is it just me or are people finding this forum isn't near as busy as in the past. I am on this forum minimum bi weekly and find that the posts and thread replies are slowly diminishing. I find this a real shame as I used to love coming on here and reading up for personal knowledge and some entertainment with the drama some controversial topics could create. I'm quite happy that some senior members like Ed are still active, As I'm going to be honest without some of the knowledge I have obtained from him I think I would still be chasing my tail in some issues I've had.

I would love to see this forum flourish again like it had in the past and not sure what some of us can do do promote this forum.

Is there a different forum that is taking all the attention? SVTP has always been busy but is majority SVT cars and doesn't always help us not cobra/Shelby guys out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

Facebook groups and guys buying new cars

Moderator Array

Yeah, many have been found on FB. None of the BBS boards are as busy as they once were.

That's a shame, I'm still here daily I'm hopes that it will revive. I don't think that the Facebook groups offer the same resources that public forums offer as there are veteran members here that provide a wealth of knowledge. I feel FCBK groups are to regional. This I suppose offers an advantage on some degree but not like a international forum

Senior Member Array

Facebook has taken over the need for a forum.

This is the only one I frequent now, though.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array

facebook sucks with forums. You can not get a good reply, the replys sometimes are sometimes lost with no notification, plus I found you do not get as many people replying. Don't get a good discussion going, the sites or the posts get flagged then banned because of some die-hard fan boi of some other vehicle manufacture, don't get a mix of replies lets say - if you're looking on a build direction, ya facebook is not whats its cracked up to be - it pretty much sucks. Which is why I'm coming back to these forums for the warmth of comradery and help. Cant say this 'bout facebook or even twitter. I got the best help from forums and gave out just as much. Social sites suck for this, to my findings.

Supporting Vendor Array CobraBob's Avatar

Try as it might, Facebook cannot replace a BBS forum like this. Facebook is too cluttered and works best for regular social interaction. Hence why it's called social media. It is not a BBS. JMO.

I tend to agree with you Bob. There are some aspects of this hobby that have a social bias and they lend themselves well to places like social media sites and general forums like The Bar and whatnot on the BBS's. When you get to the how to discussions and the in depth tech explorations / discussions it is not impossible to improve on the BBS's but in practice it is hard to. The social media for a variety of reasons lends itself more to the non in-depth tech type discussions. It is probably going to take a few years before the two environments normalize their traffic flows and settle into a more stable best practices or usage. Until then I suspect we will continue with this essentially bifurcated sort of usage.

BTW we and I, in particular, genuinely appreciate your contributions to the site.

Ed

Thanks for the responses. It's good to know that some feel the way I do in trying to support the forum community. I would be lost without most of your help
    Lol

If I ever need a good read to actually learn something, I come here. I agree with above, FB can get to cluttered. Here, you can search and search back many years to get useful information.

12. Remove Advertisements
    ModularFords.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread