Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Watch "Turbo 4v wont spool" on YouTube

8K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  cobranick123 
#1 ·

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
First off there is where near enough info to go on here but if I were to guess and make assumtions(spelling?) I assume you have a transbrake, I'll also assume you have a 2-step. What spring do you have in the gate and finally...what are the turbo specs? Sounds to me like its starting to spool but depending on the answers to the above question it may just need to come up about 12-1500rpm to be at your desired launch boost. Wild-ass guess by just listening to it is you'll probably start to see boost around 3800rpm.

#3 ·
Thanks, there was another thread going called "mmr quick spool" and when I tried to download this video it made a new thread. My apologies for that. I ended up calling lenny at ucc for a new converter. This one was a coan 10" that was just way to tight. Lenny is building me a 9". Thanks for the feedback

#4 ·
That's who built mine, you'll love it. Lenny knows turbo mod motors. But If I can make a suggestion... sell that pt88 and go with any billet wheel version(76-84mm) of the S400 in a T4 with either a 92 or 96 turbine wheel. They make crazy power! So far I've made 50hp more at 15lbs 6500 rpm than when I had my 3.4 whipple at 22lbs @6800. Unfortunatly pegged my MAF so we had to stop and now waiting on an extender to continue tuning.

#6 ·
Hey jetmech1326, any more progress on your car? I ended up selling the pt88 and ordering a billet 8596 w/race cover from jose. The motor out getting completely rebuilt. It will be 11 to 1 compression w/fox lake 9 thread heads w/ custom turbo cams and sullivan intake. Im anxious! Lol

#8 ·
Hey jetmech1326, any more progress on your car? I ended up selling the pt88 and ordering a billet 8596 w/race cover from jose. The motor out getting completely rebuilt. It will be 11 to 1 compression w/fox lake 9 thread heads w/ custom turbo cams and sullivan intake. Im anxious! Lol
Nah, actually went backwards since race season is over. I pulled out all the interior and in the middle of building a 10 pt cage with out riggers so I can convert it to 25.5 later.

So got the new turbo from jose. Its a 85mm compressor with 96mm turbine and 1.24 a/r. Its was suppose to be the 11 inch race cover but they sent the 9 inch cover. How much power is the race cover worth anyway?

I've heard for a max effort build it's worth 100hp, but I don't have any real data on that.

#13 ·
I start to see boost around 3300, I have it set to only 15lbs because of the MAF getting pegged out anything higher. So not sure where full tilt is yet but it comes up fast by 4000 I'm at 15lbs. As soon as I get the cage done I'll be going back to tune it since I have a Mafia now, So I should know soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.