Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

TT 2V major rebuild

26K views 77 replies 10 participants last post by  KEVINS 
#1 ·
Late December I decided to kinda rebuild the car. New shortblock with fresh teksid, same cobra crank, Molnar Turbo rods, custom 3.557 Racetec pistons, same 38 cc TF heads, new custom cams and a slightly modified Reichard Racing intake. Then while I was waiting on parts to arrive I decided to remove weight from the car. I bought a 417 motorsports front tubular section, flaming river manual rack and their shaft kit. I choose a strange master cylinder for the manual brake swap. I've replaced the factory steering column and wheel. I've removed all the factory wiring from the engine bay and under the dash. I've removed half the frame work for the dash. Removed all the padding under carpet and on the firewall. I removed the lambo door kit. It weighed 32lbs alone. I remover the door crash bar. Also removed the rear crash bar and everything attached to it.

See less See more
Reactions: Battlac
#29 ·
You've done well with that car over the years, and I'm just happy to see it alive again.

#31 ·
Saw this one on Facebook last night. The plate definitely suits it.

#33 ·
Looks like the turbos moved. Looking badass!

#35 ·
When I go to my spare engine (GT heads) I plan to swap turbo kits around. My up-pipes and downpipes look like poop.

#36 ·
I now own 3 whole turbo kits for one car. I have the first design and the longtube setup.
Here is my drivers side downpipe I fabbed up.

#37 ·
Looks good to me. I've been keeping an eye out for a deal on the longtube design for what seems like forever. I even tracked down Nathan from HP and asked if he would make me the stuff on the side, but he never responded. I would really like to put a pair of turbos in the grill, so that's probably what I'll do when the time comes.

#38 ·
The THP headers leaked badly so I put the longtube headers back on.

This was from second time to the track and 5th pass. Launched with 8psi and ran 20psi.

#43 ·
The race weight is 3222lbs and traps 119 in the 1/8. I dont have any dyno numbers.

Installed a new custom harness that allows me to use the stock holley main harness and run smart coils.

#46 · (Edited)
Here was a 9.59 pass from last year.

I removed the 10-point cage from the car and will soon be dropping it off to have a 25.5 chromoly cage installed.
When I remove the MS 10-point and replaced my rear stock dual caliper brakes the car weighed 2742lbs. Did weigh
2998lbs before.

#48 · (Edited)
Absolutely badass!
Sounds pissed off just idling lol. I would love to see some more close ups of the Holley digital dash fit and finish if you don't mind? It looks fantastic from what I can see!
Nice job! Your car has come a LONG WAY from when I first remember you starting with it on here!

Ken

#50 ·
Your car is badass man,i seen you on youtube a couple of times.It definitely gives me some goals to shoot for.What turbo kit are you running,and can you give me any advice for a '99 GT running the stock ECU? Im thinking about going with an On 3 single turbo kit and changing the wastegate,and possibly the turbo in the future.I hear alot of good things about it when certain parts of the kit are changed out and it still comes out reasonably priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.