Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

TT 2V major rebuild

26K views 77 replies 10 participants last post by  KEVINS 
#1 ·
Late December I decided to kinda rebuild the car. New shortblock with fresh teksid, same cobra crank, Molnar Turbo rods, custom 3.557 Racetec pistons, same 38 cc TF heads, new custom cams and a slightly modified Reichard Racing intake. Then while I was waiting on parts to arrive I decided to remove weight from the car. I bought a 417 motorsports front tubular section, flaming river manual rack and their shaft kit. I choose a strange master cylinder for the manual brake swap. I've replaced the factory steering column and wheel. I've removed all the factory wiring from the engine bay and under the dash. I've removed half the frame work for the dash. Removed all the padding under carpet and on the firewall. I removed the lambo door kit. It weighed 32lbs alone. I remover the door crash bar. Also removed the rear crash bar and everything attached to it.

See less See more
Reactions: Battlac
#7 ·
Sawzall made quick work in cutting it off. The 417 motorsports section comes with the tabs already to mound the fenders, lower bumper cover and the headlight panel.

#8 ·
Very nice looking pistons there y2k.

The full slipper skirt design provides improved support and a more uniform cylinder wall loading. I can't tell for sure w/o seeing the bottom side of the piston but, it looks like you might have gone with a zero offset pin. Nice choice if you did.

Can't wait to see how this builds out. Nice build plan and impressive craftsmanship.

Ed

#12 · (Edited)
I lost 33lbs with it. I do drive it on the street. I will still drive it the same amount on the street as I did, but it is not my daily car. I have 4 other daily drivers.

Here I installed some no drill hood struts.

#16 ·
Yes, stock latch is gone. Here is where I'm at with the car now. I've bought a new pair of Precision 6466 turbos. I will be picking them up tomorrow. Waiting for my shortblock to be finished and been waiting 11 weeks on new custom cams. I still have to wire everything, bleed the brakes and front end alignment.

#23 ·
This is so awesome. I am glad to see you getting back at this beast.

#24 ·
The car is all wired up now. I completely removed all the factory wiring. Then used this wiring to hook up the lights, turn signals. brake lights and the power windows. I did have someone come over and do this wiring. I helped by watching.... I using the Holley efi for boost control. I also have holley activating the transbrake along with the bump. The bump is setup with 3 relays through the holley. That is what the buttons are for on steering wheel. The 3 switches below the panel are left..power window- turn signals- right ..power window.

Finally took it off the stands.

#25 ·
I did a partial wire tuck, and to be honest, I though hard about just ripping all the wires out and going the route you did. I got the distribution block in the fender, and like you, I have an HP TT kit. I am going to have to keep an eye on how hot things get with that box.

I am considering the 3 relay bump setup, but I'm thinking the one will suit me just fine for now.

#27 ·
I've got the Dominator with the I/O harness, Input Harness, and Output harness. I'll have enough I/O's, but with all the wiring I've got ahead of me, the thought of cutting a few extra connections off the task list seems like a good thing. Of course, when all is said and done, I am sure it would be worth the extra effort.

When I was in the 25 range, I tested my transbrake right after installing my 4r70w (opened the wastegates) in my garage. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I probably did it 10 times and never considered the consequences. Now that I'm older, your video scares the **** out of me. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.